No announcement yet.

Innocent bystander killed in illegal street race

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innocent bystander killed in illegal street race

Illegal racing in the streets of the city of Los Angeles has claimed the life of another innocent bystander this week. Authorities reported that at least eight other vehicles were damaged in the crash and the driver of the vehicle that allegedly killed the innocent man fled the scene. It is the second illegal street racing crash of the week that takes the life of an innocent person in L.A.

Reports state that on the 200 block of W. Manchester Avenue near Broadway in Southern Los Angeles the deadly racing crash accident happened Tuesday night.

Edward Angel Ramirez, a 35-year-old, was behind the wheel of a Saturn when it was struck by a Pontiac. The collision caused the car to catch on fire. Authorities say that in no way was Ramirez participating in an illegal race between a Pontiac and a Dodge Charger.

Witnesses told investigators that when the two vehicles were racing, the Charger was traveling against traffic on Broadway.

It was during the race that the Pontiac crashed. Its driver survived the crash, exited the vehicle and fled the scene before police arrived on the scene.

In a nearly synchronized motion, the Charger slammed into a pickup truck after the Pontiac and Saturn crashed.

Emergency respondents transported the driver of the truck and the Charger to a nearby hospital where they were to be treated. Authorities stated that they will be interrogating the driver of the Charger who will also be checked for see if he was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

A total of eight cars and one bicyclist were involved in the two collisions. A third victim was injured and transported to the hospital as well. The extent of that person’s injuries was not released.

Investigators continue to search for the driver that fled the scene as well as two passengers who were reportedly seen fleeing from the Charger. Authorities are encouraging any person that witnessed the accident to step forward with the information and contact them.

Last week a 4-year-old girl, an innocent bystander, was killed as a result of a street race involving two vehicles. Similarly, one of the people operating a racing vehicle remained on the scene and the other fled. Authorities from that city stated that the person from the fleeing vehicle engaged in racing can be found equally as culpable as the one that crashed.

http://aa-accidentattorneys.com/blog...-innocent-man/

--------------------------

I hope the illegal street racer wasn't harmed.

4-Year Old Critically Injured After Street Race Crash

A 4-year-old girl remains in intensive care after a hit-and-run crash in Riverside that may have been caused by street racing. According to witnesses, a 2008 black Ford Mustang was possibly racing with a second car, described as an orange-colored Acura or Honda. Both vehicles were northbound Magnolia approaching Nelson at a high rate of speed. They blew through a stop sign and the Mustang broadsided a Chevy Malibu, police said.

http://jobs.aol.com/videos/e/4-year-...ash/517754414/

---------------

Let's all hope the illegal street racers weren't at all harmed.

Comment

My condolences go out to all the illegal street racers who are killed during their completely selfless thrill-seeking that could kill people who have nothing to do with it. Anyone killed who doesn't have anything to do with those illegal street races should obviously have known better than to be walking near public roads.

And in no way shape or form do I care about innocent bystanders, just because, ya know.

Comment

Its incomprehensible that these accidents must occur.

The saying remains true, 'when you're young you feel invincible and indestructible until a serious wake up call like this happens.'

Sadly, this won't be the last time lives are lost this way despite the penalties involved.

Not unless they limit odometers to under a certain mileage per hour.

Of course, they'll always find some way to race anyway. But at least they can race at a turtl'es pace where no one has to give their lives.

But we're only kidding ourselves with wishful thinking if no one really cares.

After all, people purchase death in the form of tobacco on per minute basis and no one bats an eyelash.

Comment

Yes, I am one of those scumbag street racers the thread starter is talking about.

I'm not going to sit here and defend my actions. What I can say is that the people that I grew up with and around this type of racing tried to make the activity as safe as possible.

Industrial areas, or places out in B.F.E. where there is virtually no traffic, and the only people with a chance of getting hurt were the participants involved in the racing.

The safest place to show exhibitions of speed are at 1/4, 1/8th mile tracks, or closed racing circuits. I think everybody can agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            Yes, I am one of those scumbag street racers the thread starter is talking about.

I'm not going to sit here and defend my actions. What I can say is that the people that I grew up with and around this type of racing tried to make the activity as safe as possible.

Industrial areas, or places out in B.F.E. where there is virtually no traffic, and the only people with a chance of getting hurt were the participants involved in the racing.

The safest place to show exhibitions of speed are at 1/4, 1/8th mile tracks, or closed racing circuits. I think everybody can agree with that.
            If you happen to crash & die during one of your illegal races, it will be extremely sad. But obviously if you kill an innocent bystander, that won't be at all sad. I do not care about innocent bystanders... just because, ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
              If you happen to crash & die during one of your illegal races, it will be extremely sad. But obviously if you kill an innocent bystander, that won't be at all sad. I do not care about innocent bystanders... just because, ya know.
              I had done it for nearly two decades, and no innocent bystander was even aware we were racing.

There is a difference between going Tokyo drift in a residential area during the day, and a set up private meet late at night.

Like I have said, the safest, sanest places to race are at tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                I had done it for nearly two decades, and no innocent bystander was even aware we were racing.

There is a difference between going Tokyo drift in a residential area during the day, and a set up private meet late at night.

Like I have said, the safest, sanest places to race are at tracks.
                Okay, but if you were to be killed in one of these illegal street races that could kill innocent people, then obviously that would be deeply, deeply tragic. It makes far more sense to think about the illegal street racers' safety, than the safety of innocent bystanders.

And I cannot say it enough - I do not care about innocent bystanders.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
                  Okay, but if you were to be killed in one of these illegal street races that could kill innocent people, then obviously that would be deeply, deeply tragic. It makes far more sense to think about the illegal street racers' safety, than the safety of innocent bystanders.

And I cannot say it enough - I do not care about innocent bystanders.
                  If you have had a relative or loved one killed in a case of "illegal street racing", then I am truly sorry. Seriously.

All I can say is that there are ways of participating in such activities that can minimize the danger to other people.

Comment

What city you at brah? I want to Street race, kill you in a crash, and my limping injured self will get out to your dead body and but **** that dead virgin anus.

Stop ignoring me, I'm a guy, you're a guy and is the 21 st century brah

Comment

Working...
                    X