Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

someone should set up a gofundme for israel vazquez who is about to lose his eye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
    that may be true. well if someone does make one i encourage them to make their own thread with the link already there and hopefully a mod can sticky it to the top of the page.
    That would be great. We should try and figure out the details first, for all we know he may be getting this covered . If so, perhaps we can figure out something to show our appreciation for him as a fighter, a true warrior who put it all in the ring and obviously made great sacrifices.

Comment

Ask Floyd Mayweather, all will be paid in full.

Oh wait..... He does only pay for the casket when a known fighter is dead!

hahaha With all the Floyd threads popping out lately, can't stay humble with this.

Kidding aside, will wait for Golovs for the GFM and donate some savings for him.

Comment

I'd donate . Take some our amateurs to spar at his gym in South Gate CA on occasion. Super nice guy .

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          To be fair there have been a couple threads on this already and I think you would have better responses if a) there was a go fund me already made and 2) if there is clear information that he actually needs help with money.

The other issue, not that it makes his story any less sad, is that it appears his doctors had really ****ed up the procedures which has led to this. From what he said and from the information I gathered, there was no reason for him to lose his eye if not for some sketchy medical work, basically botched surgeries.

With that said I would gladly contribute if he needs financial help. I've made numerous donations to Gerald McClellan and Magomed in the past.
          Wow. why would you donate to thst piece of **** he deserves everything. Divine justice

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            Wow. why would you donate to thst piece of **** he deserves everything. Divine justice
            You're an idiot man. If you can't comprehend why someone would donate to him and his family who have to take care of him 24/7 and are completely broke due to medical bills I don't know what to tell you. It's not only Gerald's life that is effected.

He's a human being not a dog. You think he's the only person from that time period who was into dog fighting? It was very popular pre Michael Vick, especial with boxers since they can relate. Roy Jones wasn't only into **** fighting, he was known to fight his dogs too and there were many other boxers and football players that did as well. It was socially accepted in certain areas and time periods.

As for Gerald, he got into the sport since thats how he was raised, it was in his neighborhood and his family and friends. When it came to his own dog, it effected him big time when he lost:
            And then he saw a much gentler side of McClellan when it came to Deuce. When the dog was losing, McClellan screamed to stop the fight.

"He gave the man his money, picked Deuce up and threw him over his shoulder," Johnson says. "He was crying all the way home, petting his dog, saying he would never do it again.

"He was driving a green Mercedes Benz. Blood was all over the car. Deuce's neck was tore out, and you know what Gerald did? He sewed his neck up himself [attempting to save his life]."

At the end of the day, McClellan was a fighter, a warrior who suffered a life shattering injury in the ring. Whatever past **** he was into that you don't understand is irrelevant.

Comment

I'd donate to a crowd fund type deal, like NATAS said, if it was proven legit, it's the respectful, honorable thing to do as a fight fan.

If I was a pro, and that was my eye, and I didn't have millions, I would be genuinly grateful and moved if fight fans did it for me. Always put yourself in the other persons shoes/boxing boots.

Comment

Working...
              X