Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's amazing what people will run with even with lack of any evidence

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
      A very quick look at the figures shows that 900,000 would bring in around $60 mill. With $30 mill going to the TV and Cable Companies and $10,mill at the gate (assuming that it was a REAL figure, (not inflated by the promoters just paying the $6 seat tax) making a $40 mill gross take (not counting theatres which historically isn't much) from which approx all taxes would amount to 42%. This would leave $24 mill, from which Mayweather's $32 mill, Guerrero's $3 mill, plus the undercard, plus the Promoter's cut of about 25%, leaving a deficit of about $25 mill.

I don't know where the various cuts are from the gross or the net and I haven't counted the theatre revenue nor the souvenirs and sundries, both of which I believe to be comparatively small. Whichever way it is, unless there is "imaginative accounting", it looks to be a huge loss.
      Another point, in the Showtime-Mayweather contract, Showtime would be foolish not to have included a 'contingency" clause, where the purse would take into consideration a poor result. At the same time, Mayweather would be equally foolish is he didn't insist on being paid regardlesss of the "outcome of the income"...And the whole "$30 mill" payday might be subject to-almost CERTAINLY would be-all sorts of "whereas-es".... $30 mill in REAL money isn't earned so easily by ANYONE.... but it always makes wonderful PR.

In my experience, only ONE professional athlete offered to pay back his fee when the gate was poor. That was tennis star Bill Tilden, about 75 years ago.

900,000 PPV buys *$60= $54,000,000
      Let say 250,000 bought HD which is $10 more
      250,000 * $10 = $2,500,000
      $54,000,000+$2,500,000= $56,500,000
      Sponsors (They all have to pay a fee)
      Corona Extra
      O'Reilly Auto Parts
      AT&T
      Star Trek Into Darkness
      Valvoline

Gate estimate is about $9,000,000(those are the number from Ortiz which it should be similar)

Also the business like Hooters and other sport bars that order the PPV they have to pay a license fee. Which means more money than the $60-$70 that a regular household would pay.
      http://www.ggsportstv.com/find-a-participating-bar.php

I dont think that 50% would go to the TV. Maybe a smaller percentage.

Comment

Iole and Fat Dan have no reason to lie, gbp and sho on the other hand have alot of reasons

Normally after a ppv they already have a good idea of where its gonna end up and its gonna flop harder than john carter

Comment

^How's your petition to get Marquez tested for PEDS going? Did they test him yet?

Comment

Originally posted by bravestone
            It's amazing what people will run with even with lack of any evidence
            like certain fighters being on steroids?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              A very quick look at the figures shows that 900,000 would bring in around $60 mill. With $30 mill going to the TV and Cable Companies and $10,mill at the gate (assuming that it was a REAL figure, (not inflated by the promoters just paying the $6 seat tax) making a $40 mill gross take (not counting theatres which historically isn't much) from which approx all taxes would amount to 42%. This would leave $24 mill, from which Mayweather's $32 mill, Guerrero's $3 mill, plus the undercard, plus the Promoter's cut of about 25%, leaving a deficit of about $25 mill.

I don't know where the various cuts are from the gross or the net and I haven't counted the theatre revenue nor the souvenirs and sundries, both of which I believe to be comparatively small. Whichever way it is, unless there is "imaginative accounting", it looks to be a huge loss.
              Another point, in the Showtime-Mayweather contract, Showtime would be foolish not to have included a 'contingency" clause, where the purse would take into consideration a poor result. At the same time, Mayweather would be equally foolish is he didn't insist on being paid regardlesss of the "outcome of the income"...And the whole "$30 mill" payday might be subject to-almost CERTAINLY would be-all sorts of "whereas-es".... $30 mill in REAL money isn't earned so easily by ANYONE.... but it always makes wonderful PR.

In my experience, only ONE professional athlete offered to pay back his fee when the gate was poor. That was tennis star Bill Tilden, about 75 years ago.
              golden boy does not get 25%, they get fixed flat fee, which i have no idea on what it is but prob around 3m

Comment

Working...
              X