Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Says Deal To Face Alexander is Nearly Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i had a feeling alexander was in negotiations with floyd when i heard he got injured... i don't see how he deserves a mayweather shot...

My guess is that the pacquiao camp has been begging mayweather for that one last mega payday since he got ktfo which is why he's been so quiet. So Alexander is a relatively fast southpaw tune up and the pacquiao fight is set for september. If not, I can't defend this selection at this stage in mayweather's career.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      ....what do you think about this fight Larry?

if anyone else fought Alexander it wouldn't be a cherry pick or bad fight right? Can you believe the standard that Floyd is held to?

That's how you know a fighter is truly great. When you can cherry pick a tough young lion champ in 2divisions that schooled Matthysse, Witter, Maidana, Kotelnyk, Urango etc

If this was JMM vs Alexander it would be a risky fight. If it was Guerrero vs Alexander it would be a worthy fight, but Floyd coming off a long lay off cant take a soft touch vs a 2 division champion that beat the #2 JWW. Floyd's never going to get credit no matter what he does.

If this was Floyd vs Guerrero, Pacquiao, Bradley or JMM the haters would've still complained
      Schooled Matthysee and Kotelnik?? Am I missing something when did he school those guys?

Comment

• i get the feeling mayweather is trolling hard on this one or better yet hope he is

Comment

• My gut tells me that this is a bluff to push Guerrero into fighting Money May for peanuts!

Comment

• Is there any mentions of at what weight this is? Alexander is NOT a 154lb fighter so is Mayweather going back down to 147?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
              good post. can't green k you on my phone. all those people talking **** about the guerrero fight lets see how they feel about this fight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Devon and Guerrero are fighters on a similar level, but it's not just about that, it's also about which fighter when paired with Floyd will produce a more entertaining scrap, and that's Guerrero imo. He will make Floyd fight inside and outside. With Devon Floyd would just cruise to a UD and he isn't going to make Floyd have to use his full toolkit. As a Floyd fan i like to see his full arsenal. Against Cotto he fought inside and outside so it was an entertaining scrap.

Comment

• it'll b a year if it comes off since FM fought last& vs a young ,supposed tufy but not nearly w/the opposition level, xcept 4 a few opponents...good test 4 Floyd 2 step up 2...Guerrero would've been good 2 but I am, & will watch closely, what, if anything, FM has lost...if he looks 2 good, Alvarez will b looking 4 another opponent come September MX Independance Day...

Comment

• Originally posted by "Smokin Sugar" View Post
                  Schooled Matthysee and Kotelnik?? Am I missing something when did he school those guys?
                  u a hater....

Comment

• Weird choice, Alexander is not a big draw outside of St Louis. Guerrero is a much better opponent skill wise and business wise since he's mexican american so he'll do good numbers on cinco de mayo.

It's not finalized yet, my guess is they're just testing the waters to see how people respond.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      u a hater....
                      money may finna never get credit...

Comment

Working...
                      X