Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime trying to make Thurman vs Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think both will refuse to fight each other because both are risk averse. The only reason that Garcia would agree to fight Berto is because Garcia thinks Berto is on the downside of his career and is beatable. Neither Garcia nor his father would fight in a 50/50 fight when they can fight in a 90/10 fight like Guerrero and make damn near as much money.

Comment

I would pick Thurman to win a UD and I know he would take the fight. I don't think Garcia will fight him. I think Garcia will play it safe and just defend his title against guys he is sure he can beat like Berto. Garcia used to be a good 140 champ years ago. He or his dad or whoever calls the shots have been cherry picking his fights for years now. The last dangerous guy he defended a title against was Matthysse a few years ago. He was gifted the vacant WBC title by beating Guerrero who didn't deserve a title shot after being soundly thrashed by Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post

For early next year, Espinoza assumes Thurman is gonna be out for the rest of the year but I seriously doubt it, his cut wasn't that bad. He can easily be back in the ring by October/November for his mandatory, then Garcia maybe March?
        WBA gonna order his mando.... so probably not unless they make a unification fight b4 ordered

Comment

If this fight airs on Showtime instead of CBS, you might as well just cancel PBC. What's the point?

Comment

Beercules you got it right, I'm pretty sure that DANNY ISNT IN a rush to do it.

Comment

Working...
            X