Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 including 4 children gunned down in Texas.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a lot of lunatics out there. You can't take anything for granted. This is a shame.

Comment

Nice job of turning their deaths into anti-gun propaganda.

Comment

I was just sharing the news.

Obviously people are blaming guns [in part] as these folk were shot dead.

Comment

Gun control isn't even remotely the problem here. If bad guys want guns in the US, they will get them. Regulating the already law abiding citizen will not help.

Not sure why that is so hard to understand. Social problems are the issue.

Comment

Obviously there are some underlying causes that manifest themselves as violence. What do you feel they are?

Poverty? Income inequality? Broken families? Bad education?

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
              Obviously there are some underlying causes that manifest themselves as violence. What do you feel they are?

Poverty? Income inequality? Broken families? Bad education?
              Probably all of the above as well as a broken mental health system. The mentally ill are shuffled through the prison system, left homeless, or people just miss the signs of the everyday guy. That appears to be what happened here.

Comment

Nice post!

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  Ah.

Another stupid 'Murikans and there guns thread.

Not touching this one anymore after this post.

I think that with the amount of absolute evil rage that would lead somebody to kill their own children, weapon be damned, it was going to happen.

I'm heartbroken for the family.

And fuck anybody trying to make this into anything other then what it really is.
                  Wouldnt it be much more difficult to slaughter 4 people in a few seconds without a gun?
                  I dont know what happened so im just guessing here, but if he flipped and wanted to lash out at that instant, having a gun handy makes it a whole lot easier to get them all right then and there.
                  If he planned it, then of course he could of done it with another weapon.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Nice job of turning their deaths into anti-gun propaganda.
                  Seems like a popular topic here at the moment. I dont think anyone is too blame for discussion. Only one poster commented with a gun/murder stats and everyone comments on that. Seems natural.

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/08/us/nor...ing/index.html

This one is crazy too, grandfather shoots son, and 11 year old grandson shoots and kills grandpa.

Comment

^

Crazy - insane!

Comment

Working...
                      X