Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Guerrero: Cinco De Mayweather Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    Thanks for that great report, Cliff.

I'm certain The Ghost has a growing following due to his seemingly confident demeanor throughout the entire promotion and will no doubt do his best to show he's worthy of a shot at the throne.

Personally, I think it's a little too early for him to be fighting the best fighter for the title after only two showings at welterweight. But that's opportunity knocking on his door. He'd be foolish to wave it on by.
    Early? He's 30, has won titles in a few divisions, and just beat two top ten-ish Welters in a row. Of the opponents available (meaning anyone not with Top Rank), who at Welter has more merit?

This fight is right on time.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      Early? He's 30, has won titles in a few divisions, and just beat two top ten-ish Welters in a row. Of the opponents available (meaning anyone not with Top Rank), who at Welter has more merit?

Guerrero is more of a legit welter than most floyd has fought recently. Shane mosley? Juan manuel marquez? Those were pretty much jokes when made. Guerrero is at least a top 5 welter in his prime. Cliff is dead on here. I won't criticize floyd for picking guerrero. This is legit.

Comment

Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
        Guerrero is more of a legit welter than most floyd has fought recently. Shane mosley? Juan manuel marquez? Those were pretty much jokes when made. Guerrero is at least a top 5 welter in his prime. Cliff is dead on here. I won't criticize floyd for picking guerrero. This is legit.
        Gotta disagree on Mosley. Yeah, it turned out suck but when ManArum wiggled out of he 3/10 showdown, he was the next best option at Welter. Off the Margo win, he was still largely rated 1 at 147. That was a solid

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post

That is true. He has become Floyd's mandatory challenger, however, at 7-1 odds which will no doubt change as the fight draws nearer.

Comment

the first straight left guerrero lands on Mayweather will force mayweather into his usual bitchmode and just survive

Comment

Man I would love to see guerrero put a whooping on floyd

Comment

Come on

Big fan of the ghost but love to watch floyd box, if floyd gave up boxing the whole fight scene would be boring and there would be no big pay day for up and coming fighters love him or hate him you can't deny his ring ship and mastery all this talk about him fighting cherry pick fighters is gas talk why do boxer change there weight division just to fight him there must be something great about that so please talk truthful and just talk boxing for now he is p4p and no doubt the ghost is at best mayweather a most challenging yet if he ghost stands up right and is sharp with his back hand but I'm talking razor sharp all the ruff tat tic and bulldozer style won't cut it with mayweather he is to clever for that to slippery and will make him pay now mister Guerrero seems game I think his las two fights were a struggle for him the first was some dude I've seen once and Guerrero looked weak and against Berto I've got to say that ref I've never seen such a biased ref in all my life it was like he was paid he was elbowing and holding leaning his head and smothering but it was berto who got warned and looking sloppy but still didn't drop Berto like how Ortiz did Ortiz had the power to put berto on his asssss how comes the ghost could not I don't think he is a true welta I think he stepped up to soon too fast to take on the best one more
                thing Guerrero talks about the bible which is good but in sure he is passing judgement on a man but judgement is reserved for god alone not a man and he and his pups been talking trash and passing judgement like they are crystal clear of any sin but I a sure we have all got things hiding in the cupboard

Comment

My good friend that's just hope

Originally posted by ukalltheway View Post
                  Man I would love to see guerrero put a whooping on floyd
                  Can't see that happening but do you want to see him loose
                  For me I love to see him retire with no losses so when history calls I can say that yeah I was around to see this guy fight it would be old boy talk some thing to tell the grand kids look if you don't like him that's Koop but think about this when he is gone I reckon the fight scene would be boring like
                  PAC man vs Marquez part 15 or something I don't want that I want to watch creme du la creme

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
                      Its clear from this post that you dont like boxing, so why do you post here?
                      Apparently, you like marathon. What are you doing here?

Comment

Working...
                      X