Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: One Day I'll Be One of The Biggest Trainers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he could make a great trainer, but i think he will learn pretty quickly that not all fighters are as good as him and he will have to be very patient with his fighters

Comment

He will train a fighter and bring him up the ranks, then bail on him when he takes on a worthy opponent.

Comment

Mayweather will get jealous if his fighter get more attention than him, he will bail out on his fighter on fight day.

Comment

If mayweather stays rich I don't see him being a good trainer there won't be hunger , also I doubt he'll train or be good at it because he seems bored of boxing he has even said its just his job, not sure if the passion is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
            You realize how rediculous you sound right now?
            It happens in every sport. Great players/fighters typically don't do so well teaching others. Especially egomaniacs like Mayweather.

I don't doubt his knowledge, I doubt his ability to impart that knowledge to a fighter.

Comment

I don't recall any elite or great fighters ever becoming successful trainers. Elite and great fighters instinctually do things in the ring that can't be taught or explained to others. Being a trainer requires having lots of patience. I personally don't see Mayweather Jr being the patient type.

Comment

Mayweather has been telling top notch fighters how to fight certain fighters for years. There's fighters out there fighting for seven figures that relish his input. He understands boxing in a way that he doesn't often share verbally. He is the master of making adjustments. Floyd can tell a fighter exactly what tactic to employ. On fight night, I would take him over Robert Garcia a thousand times. Who needs a trainer that telling his fighter (Donaire) who is getting his ass whipped that he has go out there "and find something." I would have been like, "Find what, MF? This kid is kicking my ass!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                  boxers are rarely good trainers.
                  Thats a stupid remark considering who we talking about , all Mayweathers have been top trainers and your suggesting the very best of them wont be lol .

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                    boxers are rarely good trainers.
                    I disagree. Most of the top trainers were a least golden gloves if not good pros

Comment

Reminds me of ROCKY V...

Comment

Working...
                      X