No announcement yet.

Billy Conn vs Ron Lyle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Conn vs Ron Lyle

The Conn that came so close to beating argubaly the Greatest Ever Heavyweight Joe Louis vs.The Lyle that sparked Shavers & come close to doing the same to Foreman.

Who Wins & How?
    Conn Via KO/TKO
    0.00%
    Conn Via Decision
    37.50%
    Lyle Via KO/TKO
    62.50%
    Lyle Via Decision
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Conn managed that against a Louis who intentionally came in as light as he could, in part by dehydrating himself so it didn't look like "a big guy beating up on a little guy". Louis has since become notorious for his problems with 'movers' (Walcott is a pretty good example)

I do not think Lyle would have the same problem with Conn, and would only need one clean shot to put him down for the count.
    moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
      Conn managed that against a Louis who intentionally came in as light as he could, in part by dehydrating himself so it didn't look like "a big guy beating up on a little guy". Louis has since become notorious for his problems with 'movers' (Walcott is a pretty good example)

I do not think Lyle would have the same problem with Conn, and would only need one clean shot to put him down for the count.
      one punch would do it, but Conn is a master a very quick... as a fighter of vastly greater accomplishments makes me lean towards a decision victory for Billy Conn.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
        one punch would do it, but Conn is a master a very quick... as a fighter of vastly greater accomplishments makes me lean towards a decision victory for Billy Conn.
        Yea..Conn could out point Lyle too.

Besides I do think Conn had a good chin, he can take one flush shot from Lyle.

I do think Conn was better than Young.

Comment

Originally posted by Greatest1942 View Post
          Yea..Conn could out point Lyle too.

Besides I do think Conn had a good chin, he can take one flush shot from Lyle.

I do think Conn was better than Young.
          Well, I rate Billy Con as really dangerous at Light-Heavy-Weight , and he's the right size for that division, meaning he can live fairly comfortably there. Against most heavies he can fight OCCASIONALLY there, but can't live there for a long stay, the accumulation of blows from say 7 fights against bigger men in succession will leave him vulnerable to getting seriously hurt. In a one off fight against a fighter of Lyle's ranking could look something like the destruction wrought by Thomasz Adamek over Andrew Golota......... but if he met Lyle after he'd fought 7 top drawer HW's,...... he'd be ripe for Lyle to catch Conn, daze him just for a moment, and then jump on Conn with the kitchen sink... But i think the speed and dynamism of a fresh Billy Conn, would maybe cause enough mayhem on Lyle's features and discourage Ron by the humiliation,... much like Golota's spirit was wiped away,... and after so much humiliation, Golota just wanted to get out of there,... Adamek was way to smart and fast and hit hard enough to bust Golota's face into red soup....... So maybe Conn would do that...... Incidentally, he did that for real against Tony Zale (I know,,.. Zale is half Lyle's size, but nobody ever mentions Conn V Zale,... so I did.).

Comment

George Foreman was iron chinned and claimed that Lyle hit hard as hell. A couple flush shots from lyle who was outboxing Ali til his chin gave out would catch him a few times, the nits lights out. and i rate Conn very highly h2h. The OG Ali.

Comment

if conn could take his punches then he would box rons ears off IMO

but i dont think he could take lyls pucnes

Comment

Greatest hw how he fought in a trash era and ron would beat conn easy 1st round so the pick for conn are stupid

Comment

Originally posted by moneytheman View Post
                  Greatest hw how he fought in a trash era and ron would beat conn easy 1st round so the pick for conn are stupid
                  I wish I could bottle your confidence. You know everything for certain, never the slightest doubt deters you from you delusions. Bottled, it would be amazing, like intellectual meth.

By the way, since you believe in the 'see method' and not all those crazy idiot quotes, which fights did you watch concerning Conn; concerning Lyle that brought you to this particular insight?

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

I wish I could bottle your confidence. You know everything for certain, never the slightest doubt deters you from you delusions. Bottled, it would be amazing, like intellectual meth.

By the way, since you believe in the 'see method' and not all those crazy idiot quotes, which fights did you watch concerning Conn; concerning Lyle that brought you to this particular insight?
                    You dont need to see fighters ,all you need is to look up in what era they fought.
                    Anyone pre 1970's gets obliterated in a round, you crazy idiot!

Comment

Working...
                    X