No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
    Fury will attempt to fight on the outside, his only option if he is to survive is keep moving, can he do this for 12 rounds in a small ring and being a big a target as he is. Haye proved elusive and had far superior movement to Fury, with his ducking, bobbing and weaving coupled with his flop and flee fight plan Wlad was still able to nail him extremely hard at times.

I don't see Tyson 'Fists of Fluff' '2 Hands 11 Fingers' Fury going the distance.
    Wlad's extremely good at closing guys down, so Fury will need to keep him guessing to prevent him from pressuring him into the ropes. I think his gameplan will be a mixture of box n' moving coupled with quick bursts of aggression whenever he feels Wlad might be getting his measure. He doesn't have the darting head movement of Haye, but he's elusive in other ways and can lean away from shots that would catch other fighters. Wlad was able to nail Haye because Haye stood in front of him and tried to use upper body movement alone to evade the shot. Fury will be using upper body movement and footwork to stay away from Wlad's danger shots. I can definitely see Fury lasting the distance, if that's all he's trying to do, though I think he'd want to take more chances ifhe felt things weren't going his way.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
      If Wlad tries to hold Fury all the time, he should be warned and then subsequently docked points. It's not boxing.
      If Wlad tries to hold Fury Fury should just rabbit punch the hell out of him. Of course only one fighter would get warned in that instance...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
        Yes, this fight could get frustrating to watch for this reason. If Vlad tries to hold Fury all the time, Fury should be allowed to fight himself out and force Vlad to fight at the same time. I would like to see Vlad in a real dog fight, Fury if anybody can give that to him if allowed., with his size, grit and resilience.
        Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        This has become a trend these days. A lot of refs are too quick to break fighters apart and as result, have negated the possibility of any 'in-fighting.'

However, Steve Smoger will always let the fighters grapple and fight their way out of the clinch. We need more refs like him.
        Was it not Pulev who was doing excessive rabbit punching when in clinch ? I think this riled Klitschko and he thought I ain't taking this guff for 12 rounds and decided fück you I'm gonna knock you out. Likely to do with fact he had no desire to be punched in back of head for a considerable time and decided a lengthily fight was not beneficial for his latter years of life.

Just my take anyway. I think if Fury comes out swinging Wlad puts him away, if he riles him Wlad puts him away. He's not easily moved but I think the minimal protection from refs he just deals with things his way. All talk goes over his head but little things like that I believe move him, as I said if Fury gets dirty I believe it's lights out early for him. I also feel Wlad just sees Fury as an object full of hot air whom is delaying his WBC shot at Wilder, I really feel this goes early doors as Wlad is not as patient as many believe, he wants the WBC belt sooner rather than later and I believe his next motivator will be another ppv versus Joshua, if Fury can potentially get the Joshua ppv fight looking good in defeat it is in Wlad's hands to make him look bad.

Comment

Dude, that's basically a who is who of British boxing lmao, with the exception of Wilder who really is sticking the knife in before Fury even loses.

Nice to see Groves, McGuigan and Lewis not going with the establishment, could this be because they're not in any way invested with Sky, Matchroom or any known affiliate of this British ppv ?

I think it's quite telling really. When I see predictions I like to see unbiased ones. It would have been nice to have a variation of nationalities predicting the outcome and common Fury and Klitschko opponents. O wait, Fury ain't fought nobody except creme puffs, Deryck Chisora and a whole host of other cans.
          Yep, those predictions are taken from Sky Sports/BoxingNews articles. So they didn't reach out too far and ask fighters across the globe. Thought i'd post them anyway.
          Last edited by Chrismart; 11-27-2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Was it not Pulev who was doing excessive rabbit punching when in clinch ? I think this riled Klitschko and he thought I ain't taking this guff for 12 rounds and decided fück you I'm gonna knock you out. Likely to do with fact he had no desire to be punched in back of head for a considerable time and decided a lengthily fight was not beneficial for his latter years of life.
            If Wlad doesn't want to get rabbit punched he shouldn't clinch so much. What he's doing is illegal in the first place.

Comment

• I will fist pump to fuarkk if we hear the words "AND THE NEW" I'm living in hope more than expectation. Hope its competitive. Most pumped I've been for a HW bout in considerable time, feels like there is more variables than usual. Something's telling me Fury can get to him and at least rock him at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
                If Wlad doesn't want to get rabbit punched he shouldn't clinch so much. What he's doing is illegal in the first place.
                You wanting more lipstick for your collection ? Whatever anyway Fury is getting knocked out, the sooner Wlad gets this A-tard out of there we can get on to Deontay Wilder and that WBC belt, I tire of this colossal imbecile in the avatar you're sporting. It's been 7 long long months and I just want this fight today instead of tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheIcon View Post
                  I will fist pump to fuarkk if we hear the words "AND THE NEW" I'm living in hope more than expectation. Hope its competitive. Most pumped I've been for a HW bout in considerable time, feels like there is more variables than usual. Something's telling me Fury can get to him and at least rock him at some point.
                  This week am I more stoked than I was for the Haye fight, the build up on boxing scene alone has been epic, been worth the wait in truth be told.

Comment

This week am I more stoked than I was for the Haye fight, the build up on boxing scene alone has been epic, been worth the wait in truth be told.
                    Yeah, agreed. Best of luck to your man I hope it's a great fight at the very least, may the best man win.

Comment

You wanting more lipstick for your collection ? Whatever anyway Fury is getting knocked out, the sooner Wlad gets this A-tard out of there we can get on to Deontay Wilder and that WBC belt, I tire of this colossal imbecile in the avatar you're sporting. It's been 7 long long months and I just want this fight today instead of tomorrow.
                      If Wlad didn't clinch so much opponents wouldn't need to retaliate in such a manner. It's simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X