Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Mayweather stay at 147 permanently or keep moving up and down between 147/154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He doesn't belong at 154.

He may have the talent to beat bigger guys, but he should be operating at 147 and no higher.

Comment

Beat Guerrero
      Beat Martinez at 154 or some catchweight between 154-160 (Trout will beat Canelo)
      Retire

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Just get the biggest fights possible against the most relevant opponents and then retire.

There isn't much moving up and down anyway, who thinks he's going to fight on after 2013? He pretty much has Guerrero and Canelo lined up and that's pretty much the end of his career.

45-0.
        Floyd will fight in 2014 or 2015 IMO.

Comment

Floyd can fight at 147 or 154, I don't give a **** as long as he fights the best. If he stays at 147, he should be looking to fight JMM, Pac or Bradley. I actually can't believe people say this fight is no longer viable. It's just stupid. Even a faded Pac is the toughest fight for Floyd out there. If we stop making big fights simply because one guy lost we would never have had Duran/Hagler, Hearns/Duran, Lewis/Holyfield, Robinson/Basillio the list goes on.

If Floyd wants to carve out a title reign at 154 then he will have to fight Trout who in my eyes is the second best 154 pound fighter on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Just get the biggest fights possible against the most relevant opponents and then retire.

There isn't much moving up and down anyway, who thinks he's going to fight on after 2013? He pretty much has Guerrero and Canelo lined up and that's pretty much the end of his career.

45-0.
            That may very well happen unless he can get another relatively easy fight that pays him good money.

Guerrero and Canelo both need more fights to prove that they are ready. All Guerrero did was do what Ortiz did. At least we knew that Ortiz was made for WW but just needed to gain more experience and confidence. Guerrero didn't look good in his first fight and was too worried to fight Berto on the outside so he kept on getting hit by big shots by Berto. This is not a good recipe for a fight with Floyd unless your name is Floyd! lol!

If we put a poll out there, the majority would say that Canelo has a sub-par resume and needs to step it up. He is young so I give him some slack but then to turn around and say that he is ready to fight Floyd is a joke. How do we know that he is ready for Floyd? Floyd knows all this and wants to capitalize on this before Canelo can prove himself one way or the other ....

Comment

I would advise him to stay at 147. He is almost 36 years old. A good young fighter like Lara, Vanes, Trout or Canelo having 7 pounds of natural weight on him could be the edge they need to beat him. He really is as big as Cotto because Cotto is a welterweight in my opinion. I would pick Canelo or Martinez to beat him at 154 and Trout and Lara might also beat him. I don't see any 147 pounders that can beat him so he should stay at 147 and keep his 0. He should give up his WBA 154 pound tittle if he is not going to defend it.

Comment

Since Pac ducked nearly every relevant WW known since 2009 (Cotto at a CW), Floyd hasn't had anyone good enough to face at WW outside of the fighters that are actually winning and hold titles. (the opposite of Pac’s opposition).

Only thing left for Floyd is JMW/MW, weight classes he doesn't even belong at.

Comment

just retire and preserve that ass for his next boytoy...boxing does'nt need cowards

Comment

Originally posted by Red Power View Post
                    Floyd will fight in 2014 or 2015 IMO.
                    of course he will...i wouldnt be suprised if he still fights in 2020...if we look at how he handles his money...

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                      Since Pac ducked nearly every relevant WW known since 2009 (Cotto at a CW), Floyd hasn't had anyone good enough to face at WW outside of the fighters that are actually winning and hold titles. (the opposite of Pac’s opposition).

Only thing left for Floyd is JMW/MW, weight classes he doesn't even belong at.
                      Spoken like a true diehard, can't do anything wrong, Floyd fan!!!

Just to remind you, in his last 6 years, Floyd has fought only 4 WWs and these true blue well known WWs names are:

Marquez, Hatton, Ortiz who had a combined recent fights at WW that totaled only 2!!!

Mosley was the only one who could be considered a true WW but he was an inactive out of prime old version of Mosley by then. Prior to the fight, even Floyd admitted to the fact that Mosley was old!!! lol! Did Floyd lie? lol!

That is all Floyd can show us at WW in his last 6 years.

If you want to go back a few more years, it doesn't get any better because all that remains is another career 140 fighter in Sharmba, no name (bum) Baldomir and an inconsistent WW in Judah that had just lost to Baldomir.

That's all folks!!!
                      Last edited by ADP02; 01-26-2013, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X