No announcement yet.

new to training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to training

heya guys, im very out of shape and today is the first day of achieving my target weight of 180ibs I am currently at 268ibs and 5'10'' tall.

This is my plan and what i have completed today:

45mins heavy bag work, split into 3minute rounds of various drills of varying intensity

I have eaten as follows

3 Bacon medallions (trimmed fat off)
    2 cups of green tea
    one raw carrot chopped up
    one grilled chicked brest with boiled veg
    one activia yoghurt
    4 pints of water

and for dinner i have more chicken and veg

before i get used to this routine am i heading the right way of achieving my goal?

Thanks Guys

Originally posted by knockout-boxing View Post
    heya guys, im very out of shape and today is the first day of achieving my target weight of 180ibs I am currently at 268ibs and 5'10'' tall.

This is my plan and what i have completed today:

45mins heavy bag work, split into 3minute rounds of various drills of varying intensity

I have eaten as follows

3 Bacon medallions (trimmed fat off)
    2 cups of green tea
    one raw carrot chopped up
    one grilled chicked brest with boiled veg
    one activia yoghurt
    4 pints of water

and for dinner i have more chicken and veg

before i get used to this routine am i heading the right way of achieving my goal?

Thanks Guys
    The first thing that you need is to really want it and to be willing to make what ever sacrifices you need to make to achieve.

Anybody can do the first day that you did, it's the first day that is always the easiest. Now tomorrow when you are really sore and maybe wanting to drink some soda or eat some munchables you gotta stay strong. Days 2-14 will always be tough, be tougher.

I would recommend adding 10 minutes of jump rope per day.

Good luck.

Comment

If you lack self control, take everything like Chips, Fried anything, soda, cookies, processed foods, and donate them or chuck 'em. Before you buy any food look at the lable, Check the ratio of Protein vs Fat, the higher protein the better... High protein and low fat EVEN BETTER. Some fats are OK, fish oils, penut butter (if its all natural), various other nuts, avacados etc. Get your carbs from fruits and vegies.

Balsamic vinegar is a pretty good flavoring device, if you want something in a can of tuna, on salad, on chicken etc.

Mustard is a good topping as well.

Avoid anything that is just sugar or just fat... Also be careful with Fat free things that are super high in sodium, they can raise your BP.

You have a good start, but can you maintain in when you're no longer motivated?

Take pictures of yourself now... and when you don't feel motivated, compare how you look after a month of working out with those pictures... you'll be motivated again.

(wow my spelling is terrible in this post)

Comment

thanks guys, should i be adding some dumbbell work into my program? also done a 3.7mile walk this evening

Comment

Originally posted by knockout-boxing View Post
          thanks guys, should i be adding some dumbbell work into my program? also done a 3.7mile walk this evening
          Walking is great... I like to play golf and carry my clubs, its alot of walking and the weight of the clubs/bag starts catching up to you, especially on hills... Its a subtle workout you don't really notice till the next day.

Dumbell/weight training gets mixed reviews on here. I think you should, as long as you don't overdue it... Bench Press, Deadlift, Squats, Pull ups/rows, shoulder press, and curls should cover everything.

Comment

quick update for day three, still doing my first thing bag work and it must be working as my whole body is feeling tight and aching!

going to introduce an evening weights circuit into my plan from this evening using just light dumbbells (10kg).

still feeling focused but bad foods are getting even more tempting. just gotta keep focused!!!!

Comment

sounds like your going to burn yourslef out.

id just stick with easy paced walks, maybe put some weight in a back pack an go for a 30 mins walk every day with that.

once you get down to around 220 ish, start to incorperate some more intnse exercises, but right now all you need is something you can do daily, and requires minimal recovery.

getting into shape isnt about training your ass off for 2 months, its about maintiaing a rountine for the rest of your life.

you look at people like jackie chan and think they must have one hell of an exercise rountine. but really its maybe 20 mins a day with an assortment of pull ups push ups and situps almost every day. its about maintaining.
              Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 06-06-2012, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X