Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't hear much clamoring for Lucian Butes home fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check View Post
    Bute lives in Canada and his home right now is Canada. It be like saying Floyd Mayweather is from Grand Rapids, MI but always fights in Vegas or Nonito Donaire is from the Phil.
    What you are saying is true right there, but when has Floyd fought outside of Vegas with the exception of the Gatti fight? Bute just needs to stop fighting bums and people should leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Well Pongsaklek Wonjongkam is the Ring champ, on the P4P list and the #1 fighter in his division

Does this mean he is more high profile then bute as well?

If ward was more high profile, he would draw more then a few thousand people in his home town when Bute is drawing 20K+ in 2 different locations
      Not sure if drawing power makes you more high profile. Bute is huge in his area, no doubt but within the boxing fanbase around the world I think majority would view Ward as the more prolific fighter. The drawing numbers really is unfair to most American fighters because most can't draw ****, no matter who they are, boxing just isn't that big here. Just for an example Lucian Bute draws more fans than Floyd Mayweather. See my point?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo87 View Post
        Ward was a prospect when he beat Miranda while Bute was a World Champion
        No, Ward fought Miranda just a few months before he fought Kessler in the Super Six in 2009. Ward was past being a prospect, he was in fact already rated as a top contender in the rankings when he fought Miranda.

Originally posted by jimbo87 View Post
        Look at his recent competition Tunney

Jesse Brinkley? A glorified bum who took Bute 9 rounds, in his next fight he got wiped out inside 3 rounds by a prospect

Brian Magee was stretched by Froch 5 years ago, he could only draw with Tony Oakey ffs
        There was no one else available for Bute to fight, because of the Super Six.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
          What you are saying is true right there, but when has Floyd fought outside of Vegas with the exception of the Gatti fight? Bute just needs to stop fighting bums and people should leave it at that.
          True, true but Vegas is a bit different than any other city in the world. It's the fight capital and where the top fighters in the world have always went to. Pacquaio before Arum's brain child with Cowboys Stadium fought in Vegas what like every fight besides one homecoming(like Bute) and the texas fight with Barrera in the 2000s?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Well Pongsaklek Wonjongkam is the Ring champ, on the P4P list and the #1 fighter in his division

Does this mean he is more high profile then bute as well?

If ward was more high profile, he would draw more then a few thousand people in his home town when Bute is drawing 20K+ in 2 different locations
            No-one gives a flying **** about the Flyweight division though, Wonjongkam's next door neighbour probably hasn't any idea who he is

By high profile I meant by fans on this board and boxing fans in general, I should of made myself more clear, apologies

Just look at this board and others, no-one really gives a **** if Bute is fighting, I only remembered when i logged on this morning

Ward's last few fights have had good build up to them on boxing sites and amongst fans online, hence why I think he's more high profile

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              No, Ward fought Miranda just a few months before he fought Kessler in the Super Six in 2009. Ward was past being a prospect, he was in fact already rated as a top contender in the rankings when he fought Miranda.

I haven't been too hard on Bute because of your last statement but now the SS is pretty much over. There is other options for Bute than fighting a guy that is moving up from 160lbs and obviously has major wear and tear.

Comment

Not sure if drawing power makes you more high profile. Bute is huge in his area, no doubt but within the boxing fanbase around the world I think majority would view Ward as the more prolific fighter. The drawing numbers really is unfair to most American fighters because most can't draw ****, no matter who they are, boxing just isn't that big here. Just for an example Lucian Bute draws more fans than Floyd Mayweather. See my point?
                Not sure any better why to show how bute is more known....he out does Ward in every viewer category against weaker opposition

Floyd draws 16K because that's the max of the MGM

Bute maxes out his places with 20K+ and ward gets 4K when his venues can hold double or triple that

Comment

Bute is white and Ward is black...........the racism is rampant in nsb, we should all know that this is the reason.

Comment

I haven't been too hard on Bute because of your last statement but now the SS is pretty much over. There is other options for Bute than fighting a guy that is moving up from 160lbs and obviously has major wear and tear.

There is nobody available except for Pavlik and Johnson.

Kessler is taking on a easier opponent in Stieglitz, and Dirrell will avoid anyone as good as Bute.

Groves and DeGale need more experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

18-0 and without a notable win on your record still makes you a prospect in my eyes

No-one available to fight? Sartison? Steiglitz?

Magee I can sort of understand, but Brinkley? Come on

Comment

Working...
                      X