No announcement yet.

It's a shame really..............

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a shame really..............

That a man can be able to disect boxing to this level & dept, however have negitive karma when he clearly knows the sport. Can we try & help this man out?

Just because a boxing fan doesn't adore the guys you do,, that's no reason to act childish.

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
    Let us start off by understanding that a champion must be treated with consideration as he has EARNED that right ... meaning that we must respect his right not to have to chase, but merely defend.

However that consideration does not extend to legacy, and one who would be concerned with such matters should understand that only by going above and beyond the levels of the current vanguard can a fighter, and more importantly his deeds, be perceived to be truly "timeless" ... or what we have come to know as an ALL TIME GREAT.

Some fighters are content to sit on their laurels and maintain what they have accomplished to date. BHOP was one such fighter UNTIL he fought Tarver. Kostya Tszyu was yet another. Winky Wright was another. As was Joe Calzaghe. There are more, but the point is made.

My friend Fefist makes an excellent observation when pointing out that the Top 10 are indeed in the twilight of their prime. This much cannot be denied.

Still, it is important to remember that boxers used to have to EARN a shot at the title. Whereas today securing a title shot seems to have become more of a matter of popularity, which is usually measured in two criteria:

1 - What kind of dominant performance you put on

2 - How much hype your promoter throws behind you to build a name and a public following of your media perception.

Today, fighters who have beaten virtually NOBODY can simply say in interviews that "So and so is ducking me" and because of that statement they INSTANTLY become a viable candidate for a title shot.

WTF????

It used to be that challengers had to fight their way up to becoming the #1 contender and if they did, they got their title shot .. or rather they TOOK their shot by being the last man standing at the champion's doorstep.

Currently, you don't even have to beat the man anymore to be considered the man! You can simply win some portion of a belt against an opponent that was never championship caliber in the first place to make your claim as the best in any given division! Its utter bull****, and it is nothing more than too many cooks[champions] spoiling the broth[sport].

Get rid of the ABC belts. Let a boxer fight his way up to being a #1 contender. Do not let champions get away with using "step aside" money. And most importantly .. DO NOT SUPPORT ANY PPV FIGHTS!

Its only a matter of time before boxing revamps the system anyway. The greedy investors bankrolling these boxing events are NOT happy with Floyd getting the millions upon millions that he's getting. I think Pacquiao has recently wised up as to how much he's been getting slaved under the table, but Arum has such a tight grip on his financial nuts that Manny is powerless to make a maneuver away from Top Rank. Arum unfortunately OWNS Manny Pacquiao.

Soon, rising prospects will be required to sign contracts binding them to certain networks and/or promotion companies that will ensure that they get what they get and THAT'S IT. The money will be decided by the executives .. not by the athletes.

Floyd has successfully navigated his way through a snake pit and made a fortune doing so. Its too bad he and Pacquiao didn't become friends earlier so that Floyd could have warned him.

These young guys like Adrien Broner and Gary Russell jr better be careful. Roy Jones tried to do something similar to what Floyd did and he was only moderately successful. Jones wasn't making anywhere NEAR what Floyd makes today. Its so easy to get caught up when guys like Arum and Koncz are whispering in your ear about how rich they will make you.

I personally don't think the current sorry state of the top 10 P4P has anything to do with heart or risk. It has ALL to do with money and who is marketable. Its commonly known that Mexicans are HUGE boxing fans, & not just in the USA, but ALL of North America. Do you guys honestly think that May 5th was some random day that Floyd picked to perform?? Its money in the bank.

The real reason that aren't more younger fighters in the Top 10 is because they want to move ahead to fast. They aren't ready, but they have such overwhelming confidence until they get into trouble. Look at Amir Khan! Look at Andre Berto! Look at Victor Ortiz! These guys want to be the Mayweathers and Pacquiaos of boxing but don't want to build up their resume fighting the available best. And when they skip over guys that are at their level and jump forward to guys who might be more than handle, they get exposed in their matches.

Of those three guys, Luis Collazo gives them all hell@WW! Then people ask "Who the hell is Luis Collazo"!

Exactly my point.
    This piece is amazing. Good job bro!!

Comment

First off all you guys live your lives thru the internet which is pathetic in itself.

Second of all, you and that guy are both trolls, who flame/post the same redundant b.s.

You guys deserve your whatever ****ty rep was given to you, so please stop making threads moaning about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fvck LamarSmith View Post
        First off all you guys live your lives thru the internet which is pathetic in itself.

Second of all, you and that guy are both trolls, who flame/post the same redundant b.s.

You guys deserve your whatever ****ty rep was given to you, so please stop making threads moaning about it.
        Id love to meet you in person top rank, that is all.

Comment

nuthugging a fighter is fine...nuthugging another poster is lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Id love to meet you in person top rank, that is all.
            That is classic

Comment

Im sorry but in this virtual world you have to work your way up like in the real realm. Someone might be tough and have a good rep on the real world but in this virtual word the e-kings who worked their way up like me are on top. You have to prove yourself on these streets like you do in real life. I'm on my way and part of one of the biggest posses on this boxing game so I'm set, I have my boy dehydrator hitting me with K constantly as wekk he is my homie and i have a lot of respect for him, and my brother Check_hooks we are an unstoppable duo. you need to do the same and make a name for yourself on these streets.

Comment

good post. gave him some green.

Comment

I like and agree with most of the things Brother Jay said, but I'm pretty sure his insightful boxing commentary isn't what got him way in the red...calling the *******s third world peasants over and over in all his posts is probably what got him way in the red.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                    Im sorry but in this virtual world you have to work your way up like in the real realm. Someone might be tough and have a good rep on the real world but in this virtual word the e-kings who worked their way up like me are on top. You have to prove yourself on these streets like you do in real life. I'm on my way and part of one of the biggest posses on this boxing game so I'm set, I have my boy dehydrator hitting me with K constantly as wekk he is my homie and i have a lot of respect for him, and my brother Check_hooks we are an unstoppable duo. you need to do the same and make a name for yourself on these streets.
                    ....while ******s like this are green. SMH

Comment

Working...
                    X