Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Crossfit kind of hipster flash in the pan nonsense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just a fad and most of the exercises are ridiculous. I seen a bunch of people get hurt with bad technique.

I wish Boxing gyms weren't so dam expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by GorgeousJorge View Post
      Does that business model actually work? People actually like going to a gym where there are only out of shape people?
      It works because people show up sometimes, just walk around on the tredmills and you have to cancel to stop being billed but its so cheap so people don't bother even if they don't go often. This isn't a place for people serious about getting in shape or who have serious fitness goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        I guess it is good to do some kind of workout as opposed to sitting on your ass eating potato chips all day but I have heard so much about it and havn't until recently looked into it.

Spray gives it a thumbs down, seems like another media driven fitness fad for people with no real specific goal. No, "being more fit/better shape" does not qualify as a goal in my view, no one knows what you are talking about when you say that and it is a blanket term.

So what you need to do is think a bit, figure out what your fitness goal is, formulate a gameplan for that goal, then follow through get to the gym and train specifically for that goal.

Crossfit is a little bit of everything and since your not doing any specialized training your progress in any specific area will plateau pretty quickly.
        Originally posted by GorgeousJorge View Post
        Some people like boxing, some like MMA, some like Tai Chi, some like body building and some like Cross Fit.

What is the purpose in looking for the negative in Cross Fit when everything about it produces positive results?
        There are two problems with cross-fit. First one is the stupid cultiness that goes on. People buy into it in the same way they buy into a religion. It's considered by adherents to be the only way.

The second problem, and this is the main problem, is that the various circuits are essentially a bunch of enthusiastic amateurs who have seen gym equipment for the first time and don't know how to use it simply making shit up. This results in some horribly dangerous and stupid routines.

Seriously though, what the fuck?

Comment

Go to crossfit games to see who's the best at exercising.

Lol

Comment

nothing wrong with crossfit

like p90x or insanity

its a workout

just because people think oh hey lets lift this piece of metal is good it doesnt mean it is good

infact lifting weights in gym is sooooo boring

u go gym with other men

u look at numbers and show off to other men

u go home and have other men sweat on your hands

so ****

crossfit u at least run outside

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              There are two problems with cross-fit. First one is the stupid cultiness that goes on. People buy into it in the same way they buy into a religion. It's considered by adherents to be the only way.

The second problem, and this is the main problem, is that the various circuits are essentially a bunch of enthusiastic amateurs who have seen gym equipment for the first time and don't know how to use it simply making shit up. This results in some horribly dangerous and stupid routines.

Seriously though, what the fuck?
              omgggg so laughable looks like they are trollin

recipe for injuries

Comment

Originally posted by PureRussia View Post
                nothing wrong with crossfit

like p90x or insanity

its a workout

just because people think oh hey lets lift this piece of metal is good it doesnt mean it is good

infact lifting weights in gym is sooooo boring

u go gym with other men

u look at numbers and show off to other men

u go home and have other men sweat on your hands

so ****

crossfit u at least run outside
                But also a hipster fad too, also let me add that there is no way Putin could ever beat Spray in a 1 on 1 fight as I would humiliate and sodomize him for his stance on gays.

Comment

But also a hipster fad too, also let me add that there is no way Putin could ever beat Spray in a 1 on 1 fight as I would humiliate and sodomize him for his stance on gays.
                  but if the crossfit stay for years, is it a fad?

i also think gym is a fad. many people go gym in january for new years resolution

many people go gym only 2 months before summer

is that not a fad?

just because weight lifting is cool and popular, it dont mean it is not a fad with meat head (you)

putin will easily beat you. u are weak son. he will bend u like a boy and thrust into u to prove who the real man is

soapy

Comment

Originally posted by PureRussia View Post
                    but if the crossfit stay for years, is it a fad?

i also think gym is a fad. many people go gym in january for new years resolution

many people go gym only 2 months before summer

is that not a fad?

just because weight lifting is cool and popular, it dont mean it is not a fad with meat head (you)

putin will easily beat you. u are weak son. he will bend u like a boy and thrust into u to prove who the real man is

soapy
                    No, people have been lifting weights since people have been attempting to get strong it is what I do and why limp wristed Putin would be biting a pillow if he ever met me.

Comment

No, people have been lifting weights since people have been attempting to get strong it is what I do and why limp wristed Putin would be biting a pillow if he ever met me.
                      nope

back into the history we would farm, be black smith, sword fight, horse ride, walk 100 of miles (not on smooth road) to fight wars and this would make us strong. much stronger than the gym bums who carry black metal inside a warm building and then go for a hot shower naked together

in fact i know a farmer who can pick a man up (180lbs) with one arm

Comment

Working...
                      X