Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

READ, in this day of lesser athletes refusing pics and autographs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
    Do tell ...
    most notably sweat pea whitaker. got a pic taken with him and he was literally yelling at my friend to hurry up with taking the pic and never even looked me in the eye. he just shook my hand mechanically. lets just say I dropped him as a fan after that display

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
      most notably sweat pea whitaker. got a pic taken with him and he was literally yelling at my friend to hurry up with taking the pic and never even looked me in the eye. he just shook my hand mechanically. lets just say I dropped him as a fan after that display
      Wow ... Of all the people. Didnt want it to be him.

Comment

Thomas Hearns has pretty bad character. Someone once posted a story here about how he acted, can't find it though.

Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
          Wow ... Of all the people. Didnt want it to be him.
          yea,,,I was very disappointed. ive heard the same from a few other people so I wouldnt chalk it up to just having a bad day. he seemed like a genuine a hole

Comment

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
            Thomas Hearns has pretty bad character. Someone once posted a story here about how he acted, can't find it though.

Anyone know?
            thats surprising. met him as a kid and he seemed pretty nice. he was with manny steward who was also very friendly

Comment

yea,,,I was very disappointed. ive heard the same from a few other people so I wouldnt chalk it up to just having a bad day. he seemed like a genuine a hole
              I'd chalk it up to him being high.........on coke.

Comment

thats surprising. met him as a kid and he seemed pretty nice. he was with manny steward who was also very friendly
                found it...

Comment

I'd chalk it up to him being high.........on coke.
                  maybe,, but if I was making millions id at least be somehwat nice and gracious regardless of what kind of state I was in. without us they dont make that money

Comment

Sweet Pea and Holyfield have the worst reps from what Ive seen and heard...in regards to fans, they are not even on the same planet as MUHAMMAD ALI. I remember Ali's wife saying how it could get to be too much sometimes..Ali woild literally miss planes because he hadnt finished signing autographs in an airport and when asked why he would do that he said "These people may never get another chance to meet me"...and you want "fan friendly"???? How about this? A few years ago when Ali lived in Berrien Springs many people are quoted as saying they literally just walked up to his front door and he invited them in. One guy said he knocked on the door and Ali sat on the couch with him and watched some old fight films!

Comment

Anyone know?
                      I cant say the same...Ive met Tommy a few times, and the first time he even played a joke on me

Comment

Working...
                      X