Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whitaker vs Black Mamba. How come no one talks about it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bravestone View Post
    Whitaker is the man. Top 20 ATG. Hurtado fight was mind blowing.
    Amen!!!

Whitaker was like a southpaw floyd with a tendency to fight in the trenches..

IMO whitaker was greater than Floyd but he just fought in an era with so many superstars like Tyson, chavez, SRL, Hearns, he got overshadowed in his prime,then as he got older there was Toney,
    Roy, Oscar..
    Floyd is lucky to fight in an era with just manny as another ATG
    Floyd really didnt get the press he deserved until oscar, shane, tito roy got older, and heavyweight division became crap

Pernell never dodged a fight and took on all comers, including a prime tito

He is in my top ten ATG--imo

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Amen!!!

IMO whitaker was greater than Floyd but he just fought in an era with so many superstars like Tyson, chavez, SRL, Hearns, he got overshadowed in his prime,then as he got older there was Toney,
      Roy, Oscar..
      Floyd really didnt get the press he deserved until oscar, shane, tito roy got older, and heavyweight division became crap

Good man! Whitaker is easily top 5 best fighters ever recorded. How many look better boxing than he did ?
      He is greater than Mayweather and Pacquiao no doubt about it. He rarely lost rounds, fighting EVERYONE usually at a size disadvantage. A real great.

Comment

I really think the thing that impressed me the most was how he was willing to bang it out on the inside with Roger.

Both were down and both were hurt several times but found ways to recover and go at it again

It was funny when Sweet Pea got dropped and he was trying to act like it was nothing then he was running for his life and grabbing onto anything he could, including Roger's leg. Lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali
          Quote:

Originally Posted by bravestone

Whitaker is the man. Top 20 ATG. Hurtado fight was mind blowing.

Amen!!!

Roy, Oscar..

I think you have a point saying he was overshadowed.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Highly underrated fight.

And every second of Sweet Pea in action is pure gold.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Both this fight and the second Chavez fight show how good Roger Mayweather was of a fighter.

Great talent, if he had a better chin he could have gone really far.

That said, what he achieved as a fighter was still very good.
              He was involved in some damn good fights. I loved the Brazier fight, no way he should have seen the end of that fight.

Comment

Very good fight. Mamba was game but overmatched. I liked Whitaker's work on the inside (uppercuts and body shots). I think the 11th round may have been my favorite.

The ref did a good job. He didn't interfere too much which but he did miss a lot of low blows and punches after the bell. Roger also hit Whitaker with an uppercut after he was already knocked down. But the ref was solid nonetheless.

Comment

this was a great fight, love that sneaky right that put sweet pea down, epic boxing here one of my all time fav fights. sweet pea was the better man

Comment

Working...
                  X