Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Hatton can beat 99% of the fighters out there, but he's treated like a bum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timothy Bradley would beat Ricky. If Holt landed flush on Ricky's chin it would be all over also.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
      He can't beat Urango? Witter? Holt? Kotelnik? Nate Campbell?

I agree when it comes to the very best, Ricky has come up short. But Ricky IMO would have a great chance to beat all of the above.
      No he cant.

Urango is a better fighter now and Ricky is not the same fighter he was. You are being delusional if you think Hatton can beat Holt or even Witter.

Holt is one of the best counter punchers in the game and he can punch. He is one of the worst opponents Hatton could face. Id put money on anyone who could punch to KO Hatton these days.

Comment

Yes, I was one of the ones that said Hatton would beat Pacquiao. I thought his style would prevent Manny from doing what he loves to do. In fact, if Hatton's chin was better, it probably would've been a tough fight for Manny. But that's beside the fact, Pacquiao is the better fighter. No doubt about it.

My point is that Ricky Hatton is wrongfully treated like he's a bum on here now just because he lost to Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao.

The fact is Ricky could beat 99% of the fighters out there, but because he came up short against two greats, he's nothing. Take a look at 140 pounds. Do you honestly believe Ricky is not one of the best there? Are you saying people like Victor Ortiz are better than Ricky now, just because of a loss to a great? It's dumb.

Ricky Hatton could probably beat everyone at 140 outside of Pacquiao and Marquez. That says a lot, but it says more about the high expectations that were set on Ricky after the Tszyu fight.

He was given a crown that was bigger than his head, and for that, Ricky is met with disregard and disrespect in the end. If I was a boxer I'd be proud to have a record like Ricky Hatton, and I wouldn't regret my losses either.

Hatton has been a great fighter and a great character in boxing, and he deserves his credit.
        I don't know what's wrong with his chin tbh . I somehow think it's the weight a bit because a few years ago he could take a Kostya Tszyu straight right hand but all of a sudden people say it's week , maybe it would be stronger at 147 . Maybe he's just used to losing that much weight and doesn't realise he's having to work that bit harder in his old age and it's effecting his performance . I would like to see him giving 147 a shot before he retires tbh .

Comment

That punch that Pacquiao landed on Ricky knocks out every single 140 pound fighter. Period.

Comment

The only reason why I have lost respect for him is because he goes around telling people to sell their houses and place bets on him and he won't let the fans down again...

And then come fight night throws the gameplan out the window, no defense... then after the fight keeps coming up with crap like, owe if I had a few more rounds...

Dissapointing as usual.

Comment

i agree hatton can't beat those guys. paulie was a coplete joke for being rated no.1. hatton knew this thats why he fought the bum. he never fought witter when he was no.1.

hatton would lose to the real fighters in the division. he would get ktfo by witter, his style is all wrong for hatton. bradley, holt, nate maybe even knock him out. **** even lazcano had him going remember before they decided to stop the fight to tie his laces.

can hatton even beat alexander, peterson or guzman? im not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                No he cant.

Urango is a better fighter now and Ricky is not the same fighter he was. You are being delusional if you think Hatton can beat Holt or even Witter.

Holt is one of the best counter punchers in the game and he can punch. He is one of the worst opponents Hatton could face. Id put money on anyone who could punch to KO Hatton these days.
                What is so great about even Bradley? Yeah he's a good fighter, but I have the same questions about his chin. But Holt KO's Hatton, but not Bradley?

Comment

That punch that Pacquiao landed on Ricky knocks out every single 140 pound fighter. Period.
                  You need to come to terms with reality Ricky is done as force at any weight, he fights again against a top fighter with a bit of a dig he will get stopped again.

Comment

What is so great about even Bradley? Yeah he's a good fighter, but I have the same questions about his chin. But Holt KO's Hatton, but not Bradley?
                    You are clutching at straws. Bradley would just outpoint him because he is more skilled and too fast for him.

Comment

Yes he can.
                      No trust me, he can't.

Comment

Working...
                      X