No announcement yet.

Micheal "the silk" Olajide

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micheal "the silk" Olajide

Does anyone remember this middleweight contender who lost to Iran Barkly?
    He lost the sight in one eye and the reason he stands out is that Barkly hit him with a big left hook similar to the one that spun Duran around but this shot a different effect. Mike's leg crumpled and he was ko'ed.

Mike training and banging supermodels nowadays fock his boxing career.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
      Yes I read he has been quite successful after his boxing career.

Comment

Strangely, when he was coming up they were saying how much he resembled Michael Jackson, which I didn't see. His fight with Tate was good but it basically showed where he was as a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
          Strangely, when he was coming up they were saying how much he resembled Michael Jackson, which I didn't see. His fight with Tate was good but it basically showed where he was as a pro.
          Ultimately Olijade proved to be a case of more style than substance. But he did have charisma and if he were a level better he probably would have done very well for himself in boxing.

Comment

I read he did not have a solid amateur background

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
              One of my ex girlfriends used to love working out with his Aerobox dvd. I saw her doing it one time and the boxing combinations in the last round were fast as hell. Looked pretty challenging.

Comment

I was a fan of Olajide and also his brother, both had style over substance but I thought his younger brother was the second coming of RRJ.

Boy was I wrong but at the time his younger brother was my favorite prospect.

Comment

He used to get a fair bit of press back in the day, think the family originated from Liverpool which is why the British fight mags gave him some write-ups.

Comment

decent fighter, fell way short when his big breaks came though.

i cant help but remember how he ran all night against hearns hoping tommy would get tired in the late rounds from chasing him. he really did run too, i dont say that like some people do anytime a fighter doesnt go toe to toe. he spent the whole fight circling the ring with his earmuffs on throwing zero punches with serious intentions. went at tommy towards the end and got knocked flat on his ass almost instantly, then went right back to running until the last bell.

barkley just wrecked him. roughed him up and knocked him clean out. at least he came to win that fight, tommy seemed to scare the daylights out of him.

Comment

Working...
                    X