No announcement yet.

Matthysse vs Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthysse vs Ortiz

I've never seen Ortiz fight before so I just watched some videos of him. I have to say that unless he drastically changes his style bc he is stepping up in competition, this fight is going to produce fireworks! Neither fight I watched went 12 but this guy was relentless while it lasted.

I think this could be a similar style to the Matthysse-Molina fight. Ortiz looks taller (I read 5'10 compared to Lucas who is around 5'6-5'7) and likes to come forward but doesn't smother his work, he tries to keep his distance and let the shots go. Also seems like he can punch. I think if Matthysse stays on the outside like he did at the beginning of the Molina fight he can get caught again, I think Matthysse should use the same inside fighting we saw toward the end of the Molina fight.

It's hard to tell how good this guy is bc Lucas is the best fighter he has fought but this could be a really fun fight, I don't think it goes the distance. Has anyone watched him,What do you guys think?

Moderately impressed, he looks a good well schooled prospect/contender. All I know is it'll be a brutal fight for as long as it lasts.

Comment

Working...
    X