Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jessie Vargas or Floyd Mayweather: Who beat the tougher opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessie Vargas or Floyd Mayweather: Who beat the tougher opponent?

On the 17th of September last year both Floyd Mayweather and Jessi Vargas fought on the same card in Vegas.

Floyd was headlining fighting Victor Ortiz and one of his fighters that he promotes Jessie Vargas fought Josesito Lopez.

Floyd took a reported $40 million from that fight Lopez on $100k.

But who took on the tougher opponent?

From what I seen of both fighters, I have no doubt that not only did Vargas take on the the tougher opponent but also the more skillful opponent.

Can anyone really disagree?

Poll Coming!!!
    Jessie Vargas
    31.11%
    Floyd Mayweather
    68.89%

The poll is expired.

Ortiz at that moment was a much much much tougher opponent. This is a classic D4 troll thread. Ortiz at that time, was #2 WW and WBC WW champ.

Comment

okay i'll play along

Lopez > Ortiz

SD > Sucker punch

which means Vargas beat the better man and in a more impressive fashion

Comment

That is a great way to look at just how funny it is that Ortiz lost to Lopez. Lopez was on the undercard of a PPV he was in the main event of, that same guy just broke his jaw and made him quit.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Ortiz at that moment was a much much much tougher opponent. This is a classic D4 troll thread. Ortiz at that time, was #2 WW and WBC WW champ.
          Seems like you judge fighters on paper, I judge them by what they do in the ring.

How can anyone think that Ortiz is the tougher fighter.

I said all along Victor was overrated, far too open, punches too wide, squares up, doesn't have the heart and temperament.

Lope on the other hand, full of heart great chin, great temperament, great combos.

Much tougher, this shouldn't even be an argument.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            That is a great way to look at just how funny it is that Ortiz lost to Lopez. Lopez was on the undercard of a PPV he was in the main event of, that same guy just broke his jaw and made him quit.
            Vargas>Lopez
            Lopez> Ortiz
            Vargas is better than Ortiz and Lopez is better than Berto
            Ahhhh, good old triangle theory

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              okay i'll play along

Lopez > Ortiz

SD > Sucker punch

which means Vargas beat the better man and in a more impressive fashion

Also shows how overrated Bertoid was.

Amazing how Floyd can make so much money from fighting C class fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                Seems like you judge fighters on paper, I judge them by what they do in the ring.

How can anyone think that Ortiz is the tougher fighter.

I said all along Victor was overrated, far too open, punches too wide, squares up, doesn't have the heart and temperament.

Lope on the other hand, full of heart great chin, great temperament, great combos.

Much tougher, this shouldn't even be an argument.
                So you base your judgement of Ortiz and Lopez on a night in Sept 2011 based on how they fought each other in June 2012?

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  Also shows how overrated Bertoid was.

Amazing how Floyd can make so much money from fighting C class fighters.
                  Ahhh now we get to the heart of this thread. D4th is mad that floyd gets more for fighting C class fighters than Manny does.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    Vargas>Lopez
                    Lopez> Ortiz
                    Vargas is better than Ortiz and Lopez is better than Berto
                    Ahhhh, good old triangle theory
                    The lesson here is that Andre Berto sucks. No triangle theories needed to know that.

Also, Jesse Vargas=GOAT. It's a scientific fact.

Comment

Working...
                    X