No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs the all-time greats at junior lightweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather vs the all-time greats at junior lightweight

Mayweather is definitely one of the greatest ever at this weight...although he didnt stay at the weight a longtime he accomplished alot, and shot that he was destined to become an all-time great...so I will list the greatest super featherweights of all time and lets discuss how he would fair against them in NO PARTICULAR ORDER

1) Alexis Arguello
    2)Azumah Nelson
    3)Flash Elorde
    4)Sammy Serrano
    5)Kid Chocolate
    6)Julio Cesar Chavez
    7)Sandy Saddler
    8)Brian Mitchell
    9)Alfredo Escalara
    10)Hiroshi Kaboyashi

I think he could possibly beat them all he was huge for the weight, probably the most athletically gifted champion there and already had a great defense

IMO Arguello and Sandy Sadder had the best shot....Saddler because of the power size and rough tactics...Arguello with that great power and technique

Dont deserve no replies as Floyd wont even fight todays challenges that are there for him. Wont fight Pac, wont fight more than once every 2 years almost recently.

Dont mention him in any breath of the greats other than possibly defense.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      Dont deserve no replies as Floyd wont even fight todays challenges that are there for him. Wont fight Pac, wont fight more than once every 2 years almost recently.

You know Ive been stopped taking you seriously as a poster...If you are not gonna add any thing to the thread dont reply

Yea he wont fight todays top challenges? last time I checked he has beaten more champions than Manny

Try doing this for once...stay on topic or just dont reply

Comment

Floyd is definitely one of the Top 1-2 SFW's ever.

Chavez' pressure would trouble Floyd I'm sure, but I'd pick to UD him.

These would all be great fights. At 130, Floyd was definitely at his best weight.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          Mayweather is definitely one of the greatest ever at this weight...although he didnt stay at the weight a longtime he accomplished alot, and shot that he was destined to become an all-time great...so I will list the greatest super featherweights of all time and lets discuss how he would fair against them in NO PARTICULAR ORDER

1) Alexis Arguello
          2)Azumah Nelson
          3)Flash Elorde
          4)Sammy Serrano
          5)Kid Chocolate
          6)Julio Cesar Chavez
          7)Sandy Saddler
          8)Brian Mitchell
          9)Alfredo Escalara
          10)Hiroshi Kaboyashi

I think he could possibly beat them all he was huge for the weight, probably the most athletically gifted champion there and already had a great defense

IMO Arguello and Sandy Sadder had the best shot....Saddler because of the power size and rough tactics...Arguello with that great power and technique

I respectfully disagree. Floyd was NOT a huge SFW.

At all.

Comment

True the ones that wouldve been great would be

Chavez(pressure, pressure), Kid Chocolate(equally as talented just a bit smaller), Arguello(overall skill and power), and Azumah Nelson(physical strength, power, and underrated skill)

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

You know whats funny????

How many fighters has Manny beat that were in the Top 10 at the division they were fighting in???? 11 (Sasakul, Ledwaba, Barrera, Morales, Barrera II, Marquez, Diaz, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, and Mosley).

How many fighters has Floyd beat that were in the Top 10 at the division they were fighting in???? 15 (G. Hernandez, Manfredy, Vargas, Corrales, Chavez, Castillo, Sosa, Corley, Gatti, Judah, Baldomir, De La Hoya, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto).

Stop trolling like you always do, you're pethetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                I respectfully disagree. Floyd was NOT a huge SFW.

At all.
                well imo he was 5'8" 72 inch reach....his arm length is 26"...only guys he fought that were taller than him were Corrales and Hernandez who were both almost 6'0"...he was slender not muscled bound but i feel like he was big for the weight considering how well he moved up in weight as well too and filled out

Comment

people need to learn boxing history.

Mayweather was great at this weight. He fought Genaro Hernandez, Angel Manfredy, Diego Corrales, Carlos Hernandez, and Jesus Chavez. All of those guys were champions at that weight except for Manfredy but Manfredy did beat Gatti prior to fighting Mayweather. Its amazin that people forget about this stuff. Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    You know whats funny????

How many fighters has Manny beat that were in the Top 10 at the division they were fighting in???? 11 (Sasakul, Ledwaba, Barrera, Morales, Barrera II, Marquez, Diaz, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, and Mosley).

How many fighters has Floyd beat that were in the Top 10 at the division they were fighting in???? 15 (G. Hernandez, Manfredy, Vargas, Corrales, Chavez, Castillo, Sosa, Corley, Gatti, Judah, Baldomir, De La Hoya, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto).

Stop trolling like you always do, you're pethetic.
                    the sad thing is for Mayweather you left out Carlos Hernandez who won a title after he moved up...Carlos Gerena was a perennial contender as well when floyd beat him only lost early in his career, lost in a title challenge to HOF Genero Hernandez

See that guy is a joke he aint no true boxing fan

Comment

Working...
                    X