Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lol, did Kovalev wear bigger gloves against Chilemba?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I believe they are the proper 10oz. Notice, there is virtually nothing in the wrist. When that happens, that means the maker has shifted most of the weight to the front. Also, different materials have different density. He could have had a glove with a loser/fluffier padding. Nothing looks suspect to me, one way or the other.

Chilemba is slippery and Kovalev was struggling to land cleanly. The different in punch impact had everything to do with that, not the gloves (if that was the reason for the speculation).
    You explained everything I needed to know. Kovalev had gloves made to protect his hands. I dont doubt how slippery Chilemba is ive seen him fight many times. I didnt understand gloves could be made with weight forward or backwards. thank you for the knowledge.

Comment

he didnt want to go in there and knock him out in 1 cause he would learn nothing from it. also, if he looked too good, ward wouldnt fight him

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
        They do not look bigger because they are white, they look bigger because they are bigger. He said in an interview he wore bigger gloves in this fight, to "save them for Ward."

Kovalev could strap 50oz pillows on his fists and still beat Chilemba, Andre Ward, or anybody else at 175. He did it because he can do whatever he wants in the ring, and he still won't lose.

Because he's the P4P King, and he will solidify that title that I already handed to him long ago, on November 17th.
        I really do believe he is the P4P king too and beating Ward would definitely seal that.

Comment

They don't look that big to me, 10 or 12oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
            My point is this dude went into a fight with bigger gloves and didnt give a fuk. Why would he do this is the question.
            protect his hands, he didnt want anything to cause the fight to be delayed.

Comment

In a recent interview i read that Kovalev has some problems with hands.

Comment

Originally posted by From Russia View Post
                In a recent interview i read that Kovalev has some problems with hands.
                Could you link to anything.

I don't think the gloves with Chilemba looked big, they looked normal.

Comment

It's very hard to tell a glove's weight from online photos. Different foam/hair densities and distribution, some 10 oz look bigger than 12. Just have to take his word for it. Probably a wise choice to protect his hands in less important fights.

Comment

He said it was to save his hands for Ward.

Seems strange though, does this mean he feels his hands are becoming shot?

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                      He said it was to save his hands for Ward.

Seems strange though, does this mean he feels his hands are becoming shot?
                      in the same interview he mentioned that he hurt his hand in the pascal rematch

Comment

Working...
                      X