No announcement yet.

Finally, Australia is going to help the Syrians.. bombing ISIS yeah baby

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Replace it with an elected Government, then ensure it's run properly. Long-term intervention.
    Like Iraq and Afghanistan?

Or should we stay longer? Is the West willing to sacrifice their soldiers for this cause? The way I see it a lot of people in Syria and Iraq wants to be in a religious islamic State. By pressing an unwanted democratic system upon them, you will create tensions and decades or more with unrest.

I'm still leaning towards that the parties should battle it out themselves and draw the neccessary new borders in the region by military conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Or should we stay longer? Is the West willing to sacrifice their soldiers for this cause? The way I see it a lot of people in Syria and Iraq wants to be in a religious islamic State. By pressing an unwanted democratic system upon them, you will create tensions and decades or more with unrest.

I'm still leaning towards that the parties should battle it out themselves and draw the neccessary new borders in the region by military conflict.
      I see it like this as well. These countries are basically failed states that cycle through communism, nationalism, dictatorship, now many people think an Islamic state is the answer. We can't force change on these people, it has to happen organically like it has in all other developed countries.

Comment

We've seen several types of goverments attempted in these countries, clearly dictatorships work best. Muslims are very whiny and control seeking people, you need to keep them in check with an iron fist. Saddam and Assad have held Iraq and Syria together best despite their faults. The West, USA in particular, are the ones who screwed it all up.

Comment

im ready for the inevitable west vs Islam WW3 time to come.

might as well do it now while im still young and in my physical prime.

West vs Islam.

dont you dare rob me of this opportunity world.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
            We've seen several types of goverments attempted in these countries, clearly dictatorships work best. Muslims are very whiny and control seeking people, you need to keep them in check with an iron fist. Saddam and Assad have held Iraq and Syria together best despite their faults. The West, USA in particular, are the ones who screwed it all up.
            I disagree that the West screwed it up. At least it was done with best intentions. I think the root to the problem goes as far as the shia-sunni conflict or at least to the time of border drawings, that certainly proved to be faulty at best.

This again leads to my point that the solution is military and local.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
              im ready for the inevitable west vs Islam WW3 time to come.

might as well do it now while im still young and in my physical prime.

West vs Islam.

dont you dare rob me of this opportunity world.
              What are you doing to fight this "existential threat" that you so frequently proclaim (other than posting angry rants on a boxing website)?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                What are you doing to fight this "existential threat" that you so frequently proclaim (other than posting angry rants on a boxing website)?

That guy was great.

Comment

I disagree that the West screwed it up. At least it was done with best intentions. I think the root to the problem goes as far as the shia-sunni conflict or at least to the time of border drawings, that certainly proved to be faulty at best.

This again leads to my point that the solution is military and local.
                  Yeah you still disagree because you don't want to take responsibility for your country working with the US to illegally invade Iraq and tear it apart while creating and funding Isis to get rid of Assad.

I'll be the first to say that muslims will try to blame anybody but themselves, but it was the west that has caused the immense downward spiral of Iraq and Syria the past 12 years.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                    Well the title says it all, best way to help genuine Syrians is to help slaughter ISIS their enemy.
                    It's very delicate...You bomb IS Bashar wins... people lose.
                    Bomb Bashar IS lose. Russia and Iran bomb you back!. everybody lose.
                    tsk tsk. tsk....what to do....

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
                      It's very delicate...You bomb IS Bashar wins... people lose.
                      Bomb Bashar IS lose. Russia and Iran bomb you back!. everybody lose.
                      tsk tsk. tsk....what to do....
                      Nah the people are better off under Bashar.... death preferable to living with ISIS

Comment

Working...
                      X