Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better win for Floyd - Mosley in '10, or the Cotto/Margarito of 07/08?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Mosley of 2010 was a better victory than a win over Margarito would have been and equal to a Cotto win.

Of course, all polls that have an option that goes against Floyd, will be chosen.

2010 Mosley>2007-2008 Margarito.

Mosley 2010=2007-2008 Cotto.

2010 Mosley was the Lineal 147 champion.
    No..............

Comment

Mosley by that point a 14 month inactive dude who was 39 and gassed out by the time the ring walk had ended. Fighting like he had turrets syndrome. I mean the dude had the benefit of Margarito getting busted in the locker room and not having his head into the game.

Riding that win to epic highs lol..."he wuz teh numbah one WW hardy har har!"

Mosley was a schmuck by then, and is still a schmuck now, about to get his ass whupped by Paulie. But I ain't mad at Floyd, he fights the sham fights, his fans fight the public perception fight. Why fight the killer of the WW division who in 2009/2010 was just disgusting in the ring when he can fight a guy who poses no thread for about equal pay.

Its like why fight the two best WW in 2007/2008 if you can bang out an undersized Brit for about equal pay. Let the devotees attempt to persuade the mass

Comment

Around the same.

Comment

Cotto or Margarito in 07 or 08, definitely.

I cannot just ignore how Mosley actually looked in the ring, despite thinking Mayweather deserves more credit than he gets for the fight. The man gassed in 3 rounds, he was done.

Comment

Cotto or Margarito in 2007/08..Easily.
            Last edited by Chrismart; 01-19-2013, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
              Mosley by that point a 14 month inactive dude who was 39 and gassed out by the time the ring walk had ended. Fighting like he had turrets syndrome. I mean the dude had the benefit of Margarito getting busted in the locker room and not having his head into the game.

Riding that win to epic highs lol..."he wuz teh numbah one WW hardy har har!"
              That's the thing. Do we forgot that Mosley looked from the first round like he was done (and has shown nothing post-fight to show he isn't), or do we cling to the fact that 16 months previously, he beat up Margarito (whose preparations minutes before the fight were shambolic). Do we go back a few months earlier when Shane couldn't get his punches off against Ricardo fooking Mayorga?

I think any decent WW would have done a number on Margs that night.

That victory, for me, is almost an anomaly.
              Last edited by Porter's Dad; 01-19-2013, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Around the same.
                Do you think Mosley of '10 who fought Floyd that night could have hung with the Cotto or Margarito who fought each other in '08?

At some point, you have to look at the men as they were in the ring, not what they did 16 months previously.
                Last edited by Porter's Dad; 01-19-2013, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                  Do you think Mosley of '10 who fought Floyd that night could have hung with the Cotto or Margarito who fought each other in '08?

At some point, you have to look at the men as they were in the ring, not what they did 16 months previously.
                  I'd say he'd have lost a close decision to Cotto and knocked out Margarito in about 11 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I'd say he'd have lost a close decision to Cotto and knocked out Margarito in about 11 rounds.
                    Now that is just ******ed, that Mosley was terrible. Both guys would have made him jelly. Mosley in 2010 was just an insult to watch and pay for.

Lol the Mosley that fought Cotto in 2007 was the last time anyone saw or recognized the man they once regarded as Sugar. That Mosley would have embarrassed the 2010 version of himself. He was able to get his punches off, move around good. Block punches, show speed.

Ya'll are just disturbed.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                      Now that is just ******ed, that Mosley was terrible. Both guys would have made him jelly. Mosley in 2010 was just an insult to watch and pay for.

Lol the Mosley that fought Cotto in 2007 was the last time anyone saw or recognized the man they once regarded as Sugar. That Mosley would have embarrassed the 2010 version of himself. He was able to get his punches off, move around good. Block punches, show speed.

Ya'll are just disturbed.
                      Ok.

So that fight with Cotto in 2007 was the last time we saw Sugar Shane?

Strange, I saw someone who looked like Sugar Shane in 2009.

People are acting like Shane Mosley is some kind of super engine. He's always had stamina problems and speaking of which, looked absolutely dog tired in the fight with Cotto in 2007.

The 07 Shane was of course better and more fresh than the 2010 Shane but the way it's being over exaggerated is funny.

Comment

Working...
                      X