Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr & Max Kellerman Debate On Canelo vs GGG Catchweight Impasse! (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with both..if Canelo can get away with it why not...and if you are the 160 champ **** it go balls to the wall and make it happen

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Problem is boxing is a circus & the NFL & MLB aren't. In a circus whoever puts the most asses in the seats can request what they want & you can submit to them, make a deal with them or risk losing their business. One day maybe boxing will be like the NFL or MLB, but its not now.

Its always being determined. 10 years ago asking for olympic style drug testing was nuts. Today a fight might not happen cuz 2 guys can't agree on what olympic style drug tester to use lol. I hear more talk of rehydration clauses lately. Who knows what may be deemed important for the big names in the next 10 or 20 years. Maybe something will be going on with shoes that are giving cats advantages by then idk man. And yea you agree to it or you risk losing the fight. I assume anything deemed unsafe would be unacceptable to the commission, but there is still a lot of stuff you can dictate.

They are dictated doe. You are living in fantasy land with how boxing should work in this one little area of weight when everything in boxing is chaotic as f#ck. There are 4 "world" champions, up to 40 guys who can claim to be top 10 contenders, interim champions up the ass & for lil to no reason usually, guys fighting at 2 or 3 divisions higher on fight night then they weighed in it, insane scorecards that can only be occurring due to corruption or incompetence & etc & so on.

In the circus of boxing its every man for himself. And when you bring more money, more fans to the big top show yes you also bring the ability to dictate the terms.

If boxing ever gets to the point of some elite league like other sports have I fully expect there to be a TON of conformity & lots of this **** that is relevant to make fights happen today won't be in play at all, but with how things stand today I think its unreasonable not to expect the fighters who can take advantage of them to do so. You can say its wrong, but people keep agreeing to it cuz they know whats happening in the circus of boxing too.

people "agree" to it because few, if any, people stand up and say "this is bull****". They prostitute themselves, and the fangirls defend it talking nonsense like "cotto boss doe" and excusing it, instead of expecting their heroes to have some class, dignity, and respect for the sport.

I cant speak for anyone else, but I for one would not respect, would not revere, and certainly would not support ANY fighter trying to impose terms that would physically diminish an opponent in the same weight class. Fight him at his best, or leave it alone.

And of course I know "its bidness doe", but none of these guys are sending me any money, so their personal wealth is not my concern.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        people "agree" to it because few, if any, people stand up and say "this is bull****". They prostitute themselves, and the fangirls defend it talking nonsense like "cotto boss doe" and excusing it, instead of expecting their heroes to have some class, dignity, and respect for the sport.
        Brother the entire sport is kinda effed up if you look at it from the right angle & the only thing thats really gonna do anything for you long term is the money you make. These guys are destroying themselves for probably a 20% pool of people who ain't been able to see their dick in a decade & maybe 50% who've never taken a punch in their life & would call a #1 guy in a division a f@ggot from the safety of his laptop without thinking twice. Magomed, McClellan & probably Prichard Colon have had their existence of who they were basically wiped out cuz of this sport they chose to compete in. There is less class, dignity & respect going on in this sport than you think.

I cant speak for anyone else, but I for one would not respect, would not revere, and certainly would not support ANY fighter trying to impose terms that would physically diminish an opponent in the same weight class. Fight him at his best, or leave it alone.
        Nothing wrong with that. Everyone has their favorites. Many got guys they don't like for all sorts of less reasonable reasons then what you are saying.

And of course I know "its bidness doe", but none of these guys are sending me any money, so their personal wealth is not my concern.
        Well of course, but can you really blame them for trying to do their own "bidness" right in such an unforgiving sport with such an unappreciative audience?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Brother the entire sport is kinda effed up if you look at it from the right angle & the only thing thats really gonna do anything for you long term is the money you make. These guys are destroying themselves for probably a 20% pool of people who ain't been able to see their dick in a decade & maybe 50% who've never taken a punch in their life & would call a #1 guy in a division a f@ggot from the safety of his laptop without thinking twice. Magomed, McClellan & probably Prichard Colon have had their existence of who they were basically wiped out cuz of this sport they chose to compete in. There is less class, dignity & respect going on in this sport than you think.

Nothing wrong with that. Everyone has their favorites. Many got guys they don't like for all sorts of less reasonable reasons then what you are saying.

Well of course, but can you really blame them for trying to do their own "bidness" right in such an unforgiving sport with such an unappreciative audience?

I agree with you in theory, and your points are valid. The only area I would disagree is in that boxing per se, isnt any different than any other occupation. Should a policeman refuse to confront an armed robber because "it dont make dollars doe". Should a firefighter refuse to save someone in a burning house because the "money aint right"?

Life is full of risks. House painters fall off ladders. Welders get retina burns. Data entry people get Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. We all have risks in one way or the other.

Comment

Champions should fight champions. Hell, fighters should fight fighters

Jk this is today's boxing where it's all about money and undefeated records.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
              Living legend, Roy Jones Jr, debates his HBO sidekick Max Kellerman, behind the scenes, about Canelo's preference to fight GGG at a catchweight for the middleweight title.

Roy is firmly against the catchweight, believing that the fight should only be fought at the 160 lb limit for the middleweight title.

Max is OK with the catchweight, believing that if Canelo can get away with making GGG come down in weight, he should do it.

Are you rolling with Roy on this one, or kicking it with Kellerman?

*****, the last top fighters who did it, Mayweather/Pacquiao/cotto, it's just a part of boxing now, deal with it.
              One fighter even made a puncher who can't fight from the outside, wear pillows and hand picked the referee so the other fighter couldn't fight in close quarters without being separated?

Comment

Middleweight Boxing weight limit is 160lbs! Thats all you need to know!
                As long as your at 160.0 your a Middleweight, if Canelo wants to weight 155
                he can.

Ray

Comment

But in reality Canelo will be also draining himself at 155.
                  Either way, catchweight or not i got GGG to win this one.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    I agree with you in theory, and your points are valid. The only area I would disagree is in that boxing per se, isnt any different than any other occupation. Should a policeman refuse to confront an armed robber because "it dont make dollars doe". Should a firefighter refuse to save someone in a burning house because the "money aint right"?
                    Don't firefighters & cops (& doctors) take some sort of oath to save lives or something like that? Boxers don't take any such oath to entertain or give their life in a sport at the cost of their facilities. Thats just the expectation fans put on them.

I'd also say if the cop isn't happy with the pay, safety measures or benefits he receives for the danger he has to deal with during each shift he can always quit. A boxer can do the same in their overall career or in the process to make any particular fight. Canelo can say 155, GGG can say yes or walk or say how about 157, Canelo can say yes or walk. This sport is open enough fighters can be their own advocates & fight for their own wants & needs & opponents can agree or disagree to submit to them.

Like I said its fair play to hate on these guys for any reason you wanna hate them over, but I think its unreasonable & just kinda naive to not expect them to give themselves the best chance to take advantage of the edges they can gain, outside the ring, during the deal making process & in the ring that will ultimately help them make the most money cuz winning tends to keep the money train moving & when its all said & done few remember the gloves, ring size, bouncy castle ring, weight, rehydration clause or any of that other stuff they just remember who won.

Comment

Working...
                    X