Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people saying Canelo will walk down Trout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once Trout feels Canelo's power. He will be on his bike all night .

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
      I see both sides' point.

Canelo surely has a lot of weaknesses, I was watching his fight against that mexican guy from the first season of "the contender" (sorry, can't recall his name right now ).

Canelo was missing a lot, getting outboxed by a ' not so slick ' fighter for more than a couple of rounds. Sure it was 2 years ago, but I think those flaws are still there if one knows how to exploit it.

He also seems to gas, I might be wrong on this, but I remember him breathing hard, with his mouth open in more than one occasion.

On the other hand, he is still dangerous, and Trout, although tall and rather well rounded, is not a Mayweather or a Rigondeaux. Nor a particularly heavy hitter from what I've seen.

It could go either way in my opinion, I don't see one fighter having a clear overall advantage over the other.
      When was that fight you are referring to.?

Comment

Originally posted by NatashaNatasha View Post
        Once Trout feels Canelo's power. He will be on his bike all night .
        Just like he felt cottos power and ran all night... Oh wait

Comment

We'll find out if Alvarez can walk someone down effectively in this fight. He'll have to to prevent Trout from sitting at range.

I think the redhead wins a decision. Have a bad feeling about the way Trout is going to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            This is going to be another tactical fight. Canelo best bet is to go to the body early and cut off the ring. If he stays in the middle he will get hit with those long arms of Trout, Trout will pop the jab over and over and move, and jab to the body.

Its a hard fight to call, its a real style match up, but Canelo can walk people down, he might just show it in this fight.

you never know, can't wait, There is only a few fighters who get me hyped up and looking forward to when they fight and Canelo is one of those guys.
            That's going to tell the story.

Trout also went to the body well against Cotto who looked sluggish and didn't seem to have a game plan on what Trout brought to the table.

Canelo will need to work that body early and often to finish strong in the later rounds, if Canelo isn't investing in that body work early unless he can hurt Trout and get him on the defensive it's not going to be a good night for him.

Comment

Well when you been beating up on Flyweights in the Street and beating up bloated 140lbs fighters and old 147 bloated Sugar Shane in the ring you might mislead everyone to thinking your a power puncher.

Comment

I think it'll happen because Trout doesn't have the power to make Canelo respect him. And while Canelo does have weaknesses, Trout isn't perfect, the only reason he's regarded so highly here is because he upset Cotto, who when Pac and Floyd fought him he was deemed "damaged goods" by posters on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
                  Canelo gets little credit for his excellent timing and speed (Yes... Speed... When Canelo lands his counter shots... You'll actually notice what you've already seen, but haven't noticed).

His technique (defense, footwork, etc.), ring IQ (use of his feints, punch selection, etc.), accuracy, and combinations are going to be on full display Saturday. The kid will be able to win boxing on the outside and pressing on the inside.

Canelo's already shown all of this, but people fail to recognize it until it's against someone that they think is good (shortsightedness). Trout is a good fighter so he'll be able to win rounds based on his boxing ability, but Canelo will show his well-rounded game (once again), this time against his best competition yet.
                  Everything you said is true but with very weak opposition. Guys like Josesito Lopez , Alfonso Gomez, 40 years old Mosley don't tell me anything. This is the first good opponent for Canelo. I will know on Sat for sure if Canelo is the next big thing.

Comment

I'm going with trout for this fight. Not that I believe csnelo is a hype job. I just don't believe he's anywhere near as good as ppl claim he is. He's a very good young fighter who's proven just about nothing. And he has some flaws, more than Oscar for instance had at his age. That's what gives me pause. But we shall see. This will either he his coming out party or it will tell us his limitations for the future. My money is on the latter rite now.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                      When was that fight you are referring to.?
                      I looked it up.

It was Alfonso Gómez (TKO 6) 2011-09-17 United States Staples Center, Los Angeles, California.

Less than 2 years ago, and even though I don't think Gomez would have lasted 12 rounds, the stoppage seemed a bit premature.

I'm not saying that Canelo sucks by the way, I just don't see this unbeatable monster with massive K.O. power and a - Joe Louis like - combination punching.

Comment

Working...
                      X