Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best fighter GGG has ever sparred with.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    Quillin has the faster hands and has shown his power at a higher weight that GGG actually competes at. I'm not saying Quililn beats Canelo or anything like that, but it does surprise GGG didn't even mention Quillin.
    Being fast and hitting hard doesn't necessarily mean you're a good fighter IMO.

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    You can't deny Canelo's talent. The criticism of his opposition is fair but he's got some serious potential.
    Agreed.

Comment

That's a cool compliment, seeing as how he's probably sparred with all sorts of fighters. The negative? Canelo's fans are gonna run with it

Comment

GGG won those sparring matches

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
          Being fast and hitting hard doesn't necessarily mean you're a good fighter IMO.
          True, but it doesn't hurt your potential or make you easier to fight. I don't think of Quillin as a future star, but I do see skills and talent with him. That GGG said Canelo says something IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
            GGG won those sparring matches
            Based on..?

Thanks for posting OP, interesting.

Comment

Would have been cool to have footage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Based on..?

Thanks for posting OP, interesting.
                It was either Steve Kim or Montoya that wrote an article about it in detail. Canelo held his own but was outgunned.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel
                  That sig is sick as hell. As for the topic, Canelo is more skilled than Angulo, but hearing he is better than Quillin surprises me.
                  Idk why GGG said that but according to the reports I've read his sparring with Quillin sounded more competitive.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    That sig is sick as hell. As for the topic, Canelo is more skilled than Angulo, but hearing he is better than Quillin surprises me.
                    he's definitely a better boxer. quillin is faster, but he stops throwing. canelo is actually pretty technical with his offense. if he weren't as easy to hit he'd get a lot more credit for his boxing skills. it's hard to appreciate a guy's skills as a boxer when alfonzo gomez is hitting him with jabs and left hooks

no real surprise. coming up in kazakh he wouldn't get great sparring. he'd get great experience when he's fighting internationally, but not regularly in sparring at home. canelo has an extremely professional style, and he's a world class fighter.

golovkin's CW sparring is simply to get him to respect power, and work on things other than slugging. he certainly wouldn't be bringing in a world class CW for sparring. those guys walk around well over 200 lbs. a fighter like canelo is great sparring, because he has the skills and he's confident

Comment

but but but GGG is a monster who kills men with 1 punch and Canelo is a ginger bum...........lol

Comment

Working...
                      X