Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do soldiers overseas get HBO and boxing PPVs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
    LOL. I just recently got out. I did almost 10 yrs. Great experience! Great stories.
    Good for you man. We will always remember that's for sure.

Comment

When I was in Iraq we didn't get any boxing at all. Like it was said before though, that was the Marines a few years ago and I was infantry so my unit wasn't on the major bases with the tv's. I don't remember any of the pog's mentioning it though.

edit: No offense to any of the pogs, just a term, we all had a job to do brothers
      Last edited by raf727; 10-20-2012, 02:37 AM.

Comment

We got all of the fights PPV fights on AFN BUT IT WAS ALWAYS AFTER THE RESULTS WERE NONE. We would have to wait until late sunday night to see most of the HBO fights and I dont ever remember getting SHOWTIME FIGHTS. MAYWEATHER and PACQUAIO FIGHTS were on but just like football you have to get up early in the morning to watch them. But free is free. Thanks for the entertainment.

Comment

When I was in Iraq for My second tour back on 07 they had Armed forces network and if you were lucky enough to have some down time you could hit up the USO building and watch a free PPV boxing.

Comment

Working...
          X