No announcement yet.

Re Watched Calzaghe vs Lacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    I cant speak for everyone else and I guess you are right to some degree but I felt that he was a bum before the fight. Every fight I saw Lacy in he looked average and or vulnerable to me. I never felt he had star potential
    thats the thing........these guys didn't even watch lacy back then. i remember watching almost all of his fights.........they would feature him on friday night fights back to back. there was 1 fighter on espn who almost had lacy out............i can't remember his name. lacy would look VERY vulnerable but his power would always save him. he would look like **** against bums on espn............

i don't know where these guys got that lacy was the 2nd coming for america HAHAHA

this is what i mean by NOT really watching lacy before the calzaghie fight & reading boxingscene crap to justify their blind decision.

it's OBVIOUS that most of these guys have never watched lacys fights before calzaghe.

Comment

got it on DVD

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
        Are you, or were you ever, a James Kirkland fan?
        Whats wrong with being a fan? I never said he was the next Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
          Are you, or were you ever, a James Kirkland fan?
          What's wrong with being a Kirkland fan, I never watched him until the Angulo fight, I will watch all of his fights after that performance, so I guess I'm a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
            thats the thing........these guys didn't even watch lacy back then. i remember watching almost all of his fights.........they would feature him on friday night fights back to back. there was 1 fighter on espn who almost had lacy out............i can't remember his name. lacy would look VERY vulnerable but his power would always save him. he would look like **** against bums on espn............

i don't know where these guys got that lacy was the 2nd coming for america HAHAHA

this is what i mean by NOT really watching lacy before the calzaghie fight & reading boxingscene crap to justify their blind decision.

it's OBVIOUS that most of these guys have never watched lacys fights before calzaghe.
            this from from the same ****** who said martinez was ducking kirkland and kirkland would whupp him at 154.......

stupid ass obese meth smoking fucc

where those two hype jobs too?
            Last edited by Mars Volta; 05-25-2012, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
              A prospect making his 5th defence of the IBF strap??? Comon dude stop it.

Infact Lacy was such a "hype job" that Ring magazine decided to put up their vacant SMW belt on the line.
              With only 21 pro fights under his belt, I don't see how any one can be some kind of veteran or proven fighter already.

Ward and Dirrell were seen as prospects coming in to the Super 6 and they had about the same amount of pro experience Lacy had coming in to the Calzaghe fight, give or take one. Dirrell had 18 pro fights, Ward had 20, Lacy had 21. Entering the Robin Reid fight, Carl Froch was a prospect, Abraham was a prospect entering his first Miranda fight.

Also, prospect doesn't have to be measured by how many fights you have, or what belt you have. I saw Canelo as a prospect entering his Rhodes fight 36-0. After that win, over a legit #4 Ring ranked JMW, Canelo is no longer a prospect to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
                this from from the same ****** who said martinez was ducking kirkland and kirkland would whupp him at 154.......

stupid ass obese meth smoking fucc

where those two hype jobs too?
                i don't care about you making your argument little emotional man.

but i will NOT accept A dumb** flat out lying on me.

"this from from the same ****** who said martinez was ducking kirkland and kirkland would whupp him at 154"

PROVE THIS STATEMENT MORON.

Comment

It was a good win. Lacy was the IBF champ and the #3 ranked SMW in the world at the time. It's not the most underrated win of all-time like some Calzaghe fans claim though. It was a good win.

Comment

My favourite fight of the last 20 years. If I feel too tired to go to the gym, this one inspires me somehow. Joe wasn't particularly technical or strong, but his confidence was really something special.

Comment

I always say it Calzaghe's legacy is tarnished only by himself... Becuz he was more than capable of beating the guys he ducked (or simply didn't fight, depending on how u wanna look at it)... He just has nothing to lean on

Comment

Working...
                      X