Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I trained at my boxing gym. This is what my trainer told me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried the shoulder roll the first time I sparred too but quickly got off the ropes and ran...

In my gym we spar with 16 oz gloves...most of us train with 12...so that felt kinda weird...it was hard for me to throw any combos and I got fatigued after 1 round...

Second time I sparred I took an ass beating...I got hit in the nose a bunch of times...I thought I was bleeding cuz I felt liquid right below my nose but it was just snot...

Everyone says I got a good chin Don't wanna get hit like that anymore tho

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
      but he said i gotta work on my power. that i make ivan calderon look like george foreman son.

Comment

haha, i love it when a new person joins our gym thinking he's a already a pro and tries to shoulder roll and potshot. theyre all the same.

The coach always yells at them while theyre dancing around with their hands at their chest, "learn how to box first and keep your ****in hands up, this aint 24-7". a bunch of clowns these days...

Comment

first time i went to the gym i played with a former amatuer champion
          gave'em the ole' look away, jab roy jones loves so much
          some vicous bodyshots and in the beggining could'nt get my jab to the body like i wanted and kept lowblowing him, so he had to wear a cup
          anyway, point of the story is i won those 3 rounds 3-0

when i hit the bag or the mitts everyone was all "eh no way man, you've boxed before, dont lie to me" im like "nah man, i never boxed before, first day"

everyday for the next 6 weeks was domination in everyround
          even broke a couple of noses
          except that one time against a southpaw for the first time that i had'nt realised was a southpaw......i dont wanna talk about it
          Last edited by SplitSecond; 08-21-2010, 04:47 AM.

Comment

I wish i still box, I fought as an amatuer for a while but i have to pay bills so stopped training, But yeah doing the shoulder roll can leave your body exposure if you dont know how to execute it.

Comment

The problem with most people who try to incorporate Toney's defense, is, they do what Toney does cause they have seen Toney do it, not cause they understand why he does it, you have to know, why!, your making a particularly move before you make it, thats why people get themselves into trouble.

Also, you have to counter when you make them miss, dont let them just keep banging away without throwing, you need to make them wary of their own defense, that your still allowed to hit them,

A lot of people have this idea that sitting their putting one arm across your chest, one hand to the side of your face is an auto Toney defense, its not, the whole basis of Mayweather, Toney, McCallum's defense, whether you think they differ from each other, is good upperbodymovement, great counter punching ability, when! you make them miss.

In short, you have to be a smart fighter to emulate these kinda style, you need to be thinking 3 steps ahead of the opponent, like where im gonna move if!! i miss, where am i gonna be when i roll out etc etc .
              Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 08-21-2010, 05:05 AM.

Comment

I hope you ain't lying again G-man...

I don't know if I should believe this because he said he fought in an amateur fight and got his ass kicked.

And then he ended up admitting it was a lie...

Maybe he says that he gets his ass beat to make his stories sound so believable.

But if it is true then smh at your trainer throwing you into a sparring match your first day.

Comment

Working...
                X