No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photo: Canelo Comes in at 163.8-Pounds - 30 Day Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
    When Canelo was first coming up I couldn't stand him. Mostly because he was being hyped up as the next big thing, but he was only fighting washed up or undersized fighters. I wasn't a fan of how protected he was by Golden Boy and I wanted to see him fight a real threat. Since he fought Trout, he's definitely earned my respect with the lineup he's made work of. With the exception of the Lara robbery and the respectable showing he gave against Floyd, I'd say he's dominated everyone else he's faced. If he can beat GGG, he'll be the man in boxing, no question.
    Respectable showing? He got dominated and walked down by a 150lbs guy. Nothing respectable about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
      I was really hoping Canelo was going to struggle making 155 but that looks like that's going out the door.

I don't understand why Starve yourself to make 155 instead of being completely healthy fighting in at 160. Makes no sense me.
      Coz he knows that if he unhealthy at that weight, then Golovkin will be half dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
        he is far from starving, he was about 4 lbs heavier for the floyd fight on his 30-day weight in, seems like he said good bye to tacos , also i heard that he now has a real nutritionist on his camp instead of the former butcher(chepo) he used to have...
        Then why doesn't he go back to jnmrw and fight Lara (rematch for the contested decision/robbery), Demetrius Andrade, Jermall Charlo, J-rock, etc etc?

There are many fights to be made in that divisions and there could be manny world titles at stake.

But I think we both know why. He wants to camp at 155 so he can duck both the good 154 pounders and the middleweights. If he does end up fighting them he will use a catchweight to gain an advantage over the jnmweights and to disadvantage the middleweights.

Your man is a con and the world knows it.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
          yes, but is far from the same type of power, a ballooned fighter isnt as strong as a fighter that has more muscle and less water, you cant ignore that, a ballooned marquez was far from strong when he fought floyd who rarely puts water weight on fight night ... but again all this doesnt really matters, there is a reason fighters dont even need to tip the scale on fight night..
          So basically you're admitting that Canelo is a chicken **** who won't fight anyone unless he has a weight advantage of some sort?

Because greats like Manny and Floyd have fought against great weight disadvantages and still thrived, one of those guys was at a severe weight disadvantage against Canelo himself and still thrived.

So basically, by your indirect admission, Canelo is a catchweight whore who will not fight anyone on an even playing field or even a slight weight disadvantage?

Comment

• Canelo is ducking the best 154 fighters now?

He's already beat the best 154lb fighter in Lara as well as Trout (who was top rated at the time) and Cotto. He'll run through those guys.

I believe he'll return to 154 and beat an Andrade/Charlo before moving to 160 next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by perro guerrero View Post
              GGG said he would fight anybody from 154 to 168 but now he would only go down to 154 to fight mayweather n 168 to only fight Chavez Jr or froch but andre ward at 164 n canelo at 160 or he won't fight them I don't get how u can go down to 154 for mayweather but not 155 for canelo when there both r just as big fight as one another fighting mayweather @ 154 would b a tougher fight than fighting canelo @155
              Both just as big? You have the nerve to claim Mayweather is the same size as Canelo? Despite fight night weights (yes dumb ass Mayweather stepped on the scales on fight night that day) showing Mayweather at 150 and Canelo at 165?

Lmao!

By the way, Mayweather is a welterweight and Canelo is a middleweight.

GGG never said he would weight drain himself for another middleweight, you guys are intentionally misinterpreting his words to suite your own agenda.

GGG is trying to be fair, which is why he offered Floyd the 154 limit to fight him. He knows that Floyd couldn't even make the 152 catchweight he signed with Canelo.

As for Andre Ward, yeah no excuse for that one. They ducked Ward plain and simple, coz Carl Froch and Chavez jnr are both bigger than Ward and yet he offered to fight em at 168 and yet demanded a 164 catchweight for Ward.

Sure he keeps making the high risk low reward excuse, however, that an excuse that only works when you yourself are already a cash cow. Nobodies have to take whatever risk is put before them until they get to the top, Floyd and Manny did the same many times before they got Dela Hoya, moving up and fighter bigger dangerous guys all the while.

Conclusion, both are fake ass cowards, however, Canelo is far worse and he is unforgiveable.

Comment

• Originally posted by batista84 View Post
                He's a coward who's laced up gloves and risk his life in the ring when I bet you ain't even been on a street fight.

He's a coward who makes more money in minutes than you'll ever see in your entire life

He's a coward who's bringing money to boxing and helping the sport, the same way Floyd, Pacquiao, DLH and others did it.

Should he fight GGG @160 of course, but u know how it is, since Floyd became an icon on America,...............A-Side dictate terms whether you like it or not.

Peace
                Really? So it wasn't Oscar and Mosley who started this **** when they ducked Mayweather for years using the high risk low reward excuse?

So it wasn't Oscar who started this ish when he made Floyd move up to 154 to fight him, and also made him take 25 percent and wear pillow gloves?

It was Mayweather?

I guess you blame Mayweather as well for Canelo hiding at 155 for three whole ****ing years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                  So basically you're admitting that Canelo is a chicken **** who won't fight anyone unless he has a weight advantage of some sort?

Because greats like Manny and Floyd have fought against great weight disadvantages and still thrived, one of those guys was at a severe weight disadvantage against Canelo himself and still thrived.

So basically, by your indirect admission, Canelo is a catchweight whore who will not fight anyone on an even playing field or even a slight weight disadvantage?
                  Trout was heavier than Canelo.
                  Kirkland was heavier.
                  Lara was only few lbs lighter, as was Angulo.

There is a misconception that Canelo outweighs all his opponents by 10+lbs, it's quite frankly a myth.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                    lets be real, he's only 163.8 to meet the requirements for the 30 day weigh in. He's going to be back up to 170 by next week.
                    lol yeah if thats the case then Golovkin was in the sauna for 2 days before his 30 day weigh in

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      Trout was heavier than Canelo.
                      Kirkland was heavier.
                      Lara was only few lbs lighter, as was Angulo.

There is a misconception that Canelo outweighs all his opponents by 10+lbs, it's quite frankly a myth.
                      It's fcking pathetic

Comment

Working...
                      X