Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dzinziruk vs Vera: Who wins this friday?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diz looked there for the taking in the early rounds against Gonzalez but man is that dude lazy in the ring. Sergei finally warmed up and he was able to absorb the shots better and started to counter and I think that is what will happen in against Vera.

I remember that fight because HBO really lost it..I usually love Roy but he was terrible in that fight and was giving no credit to Sergei. He slowly took over the fight and won a long stretch of rounds in a row on my card IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
      Diz looked there for the taking in the early rounds against Gonzalez but man is that dude lazy in the ring. Sergei finally warmed up and he was able to absorb the shots better and started to counter and I think that is what will happen in against Vera.

I remember that fight because HBO really lost it..I usually love Roy but he was terrible in that fight and was giving no credit to Sergei. He slowly took over the fight and won a long stretch of rounds in a row on my card IIRC.
      Pretty much in all his fights all he does is jab for the first six rounds, and then in the second half he lets his hands go with more variety. I'm guessing Dzinziruk's inactivity in the first half will let Vera get too big of a lead for Dzinziruk to catch up.

He looked great thoroughly dominating Daniel Santos, but that was 6 years ago. Last time he look good was when he beat up Daniel Dawson 2 years ago, who wasn't exactly world class. Who knows with all the layoffs with the injuries anymore.
      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-25-2013, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        Pretty much in all his fights all he does is jab for the first six rounds, and then in the second half he lets his hands go with more variety. I'm guessing Dzinziruk inactivity in the first half will let Vera get too big of a lead for Dzinziruk to catch up.

He looked great thoroughly dominating Daniel Santos, but that was 6 years ago. Last time he look good was when he beat up Daniel Dawson 2 years ago, who wasn't exactly world class. Who knows with all the layoffs with the injuries anymore.
        Definitely...I was thinking that too - that Vera should jump on him and try to build a cushion with volume and see if he can hurt Sergei to get that lead. Then make a late push because Sergei will do his thing eventually, he throws the straighter puches and Vera is so wide that he should be able to land assuming he isn't having issues with pulling the trigger

From this last fight, it looks like Sergei's jab has lost steam, it used to be a laser...he really looked like he could have been attacked had Gonzalez not been so lazy so maybe Vera will test that early on and see what happens from there
        Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 01-25-2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

remember when people were pretending that martinez vs dzinziruk was a great fight? undefeatedddddddddddddd!

Comment

Don't y'all think Dzin is way too robotic?

Comment

Working...
            X