Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexicans and puerto ricans in team sports...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexicans and puerto ricans in team sports...

Now you guys know team sports have what we call player positions. What Im asking is what positions do these countries have more success in producing top players? For each sport played of course. And what position players do you think these countries suck at producing.

In Puerto Rico's case:

In baseball, most people I think will agree with me when I say at the catcher position we are second to none.

Our weak spot is a bit harder, though many thinks its always been the pitching, even though the first major leaguer we had was ironically a pitcher.

In basketball, Ive always thought we produced some of the best shooting guards in the world.

Weakness is the center position, mainly for being traditionally undersized and when we've had size, our big players would suck at rebounding. Ortiz is arguably the best puerto rican player ever, but besides him good players are non existant.

In volleyball, we havent had much tradition but if you look at our recent history, the setter position is one we have been consistent at when producing top players.

Weakness goes to the libero, I cant stand to watch when we are unable to stop top teams because of our sucky defense.

In football/soccer, if we ever get things going, we will probably end up as a defensive minded team highlighted by our natural born outside defenders.

The weakness of the team is obviously at the midfield postion since we can get anything going there.

What say you guys?

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
    Now you guys know team sports have what we call player positions. What Im asking is what positions do these countries have more success in producing top players? For each sport played of course. And what position players do you think these countries suck at producing.

In Puerto Rico's case:

In baseball, most people I think will agree with me when I say at the catcher position we are second to none.

Our weak spot is a bit harder, though many thinks its always been the pitching, even though the first major leaguer we had was ironically a pitcher.

In basketball, Ive always thought we produced some of the best shooting guards in the world.

Weakness is the center position, mainly for being traditionally undersized and when we've had size, our big players would suck at rebounding. Ortiz is arguably the best puerto rican player ever, but besides him good players are non existant.

In volleyball, we havent had much tradition but if you look at our recent history, the setter position is one we have been consistent at when producing top players.

Weakness goes to the libero, I cant stand to watch when we are unable to stop top teams because of our sucky defense.

In football/soccer, if we ever get things going, we will probably end up as a defensive minded team highlighted by our natural born outside defenders.

The weakness of the team is obviously at the midfield postion since we can get anything going there.

What say you guys?
    i think PR tied with Spain in Football a while ago

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post

In Puerto Rico's case:

What say you guys?
      yadier molina is the best catcher around in my eyes

pr en futbol?? umm.....no

Comment

Originally posted by Hiei View Post
        i think PR tied with Spain in Football a while ago
        We lost 2-1

Originally posted by mex602 View Post

I agree.

Geez great contribution guys, really shows how knowledgeable you are about mexicans teams! Or did I not make myself clear?

Comment

Originally posted by mex602 View Post

mexicans...

well baseball we won the caribbean world series

futbol we could be a lot better but chicharito needs to stop riding the bench at man u vela needs to come back to el tri because he is tearing it up in spain and J DOS SANTOS needs to leave barca for liverpool to really shine.

basketball...well...lol the bucks have a mexican dude on their team....lol

football we have mark sanchez lol you guys have victor cruz....

Comment

FUK Baseball, Basketball, Volleyball and Football!!!

BOXING is the best sport in the world

Comment

Working...
            X