Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael on Donaire's next fight: The target remains Anselmo Moreno.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Rafael on Donaire's next fight: The target remains Anselmo Moreno.

Mike (Hillsboro, OR)

Dan, any idea's on who Donaire may fight late this year?

Dan Rafael
    (12:28 PM)

I think the target remains bantam titlist Anselmo Moreno.

WTF, this guy needs to move up and fry some bigger fish...I think he needs to challenge himself.

Comment

i wouldnt mind seeing the moreno fight, but donaire is wasting a lot of time, he needs to fight at least 3 times next yr, for certain.

Comment

ever since his case was settled, i said he should take on moreno and wait for the mares/agbeko winner

Comment

Originally posted by axelaR View Post
          WTF, this guy needs to move up and fry some bigger fish...I think he needs to challenge himself.
          Moreno has been dominant at BW for years. He also has an interesting style match up against Donaire. This is a good fight. I'd favor Nonito though. After seeing what he did to Raul Martinez, I wouldn't favor any light punching boxers over him.

He should face Moreno and the Agbeko/Mares winner before moving up. I also hope Darchinyan moves up to 122 and dethrones Arce again, so Donaire can have the pleasure of knocking him the f**k out again three divisions higher.

Comment

Hopefully this fight can happen.

Comment

we can all forget about moreno fighting donaire this year...he already said he wants 2 fights before nonito.....i'd like nonito vs morel for now...

Comment

IMO Nonito should move on and at 122 soon. More challenges and easier title fights. This would get him ready for featherweight. If this fight happens I got Nonito in 8. Moreno has a very good style but I don't see any advantages for him. There's no way Nonito would lose to him.

Comment

Nonito Russel. Make it happen.

Comment

This is the fight I want to see at Bantam.

Donaire and Moreno are the best fighters at 118, IMO.

Donaire has already proved he is that guy at 118 but he may aswell clean up at the weight. I believe he can beat them all.

Moreno
                    Agbeko
                    Mares
                    etc

You name it, I would favour Donaire to beat them.

But to me, him and Moreno are the best two, I just want to see it happen.

I'm not sure Moreno feels confident at this point, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X