Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd legacy lies in who he wants to be remembered as?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd legacy lies in who he wants to be remembered as?

Pacman to Mayweather: “Prove Your Greatness, Get In The Ring With Me!”

August 8th, 2010
    Ryan Macalua

Build a Boxing Ring

Build a MMA Cage

Boxing all of sudden has regained its’ spark this week due to an awkward union between two of the most controversial figures in the sport, Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Don King, but what does all of this mean?

Could it mean the biggest fight in history has inched its’ way to a possibility? For desperate boxing fans, an inch is more than enough. It’s that inch that stirs the excitement once again and may finally bring what the boxing world deserves. What has gone on in the past few months is absolutely absurd. In a short recap and summary, let’s look at what took place.

-Pacquiao agrees to drug testing. -Floyd ignores deadline and lies negotiations ever took place. -Floyd tells Dana he isn’t desperate. -Pacquiao vs. Margarito generates no hype. -Floyd gets with Don King

Last but not least…

The union catches the attention and excitement of none other than, Manny Pacquiao himself.

Although the Pacman is never known for calling out opponents, in a recent article he ended his silence by finally stating what’s been in his heart as he addressed Floyd, “Prove your greatness and face me.”

In Snoop terms it means, “Let’s SQUAB!”

Could it be a newly found side of cockiness that prompted such an action? Surely not, as one knows that the Pacman has remained grounded and humble throughout his career. It could be solely for no other reason than that, “GREATNESS pursues GREATNESS.”

Although one may argue Floyd’s greatness, they must come to terms that he is the only opponent the fans want to see fight Pacquiao. Now as we all wait for someone else to end his silence. The Pound for Pound matchup now lies in the hands of Floyd Mayweather Jr. The question will not cease as it continues to hound him like a crazy ex-girlfriend the rest of his life. Floyd’s legacy lies in who he wants to be remembered as?

The undefeated champion.

or

The man who never faced Manny Pacquiao

Which one is it?

Floyd will be always known as most overrated fighter of this era!

I mean common he got outboxed by Castillo!

Castillo shoulder roll his ass!

Comment

IMO floyd would rather be called a chicken or coward than to fight pacquiao and get humiliated in front of a crowd for 50 million dollars, who can blame floyd? Floyd already had a boat and his 50k ipod.

Comment

Originally posted by CungLe View Post
        Floyd will be always known as most overrated fighter of this era!

I mean common he got outboxed by Castillo!

Castillo shoulder roll his ass!
        Floyd's name will forever be associated to a duck, chicken or coward the only way he could save face is to fight pac but the name pacquiao is a nightmare for floyd, i hope he can overcome his fear so that we could finally see this fight.

Comment

It's so nice to see two of Floyd's biggest fans happy.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
            It's so nice to see two of Floyd's biggest fans happy.
            Hahahaha, we're always happy for floyd especially this past few weeks, i know it's been so hard for the *****s this past few weeks but that's fine there is always another day and i hope that floyd will finally man up and take the fight it's for his own good.

Comment

Even the *****s can't deny this one, he needs pac to redeem himself but redeeming himself means that his undefeated record will be gone.

Comment

Working...
              X