What is the dumbest religion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
    Atheism end of thread...........
    Atheism is a religion as well... Formalised by the ancient Greeks...

Comment

I don't believe there is a dumb religion, I mean everyone just got different believes and I respect them...
      my homie Cua is going to straight to hell for not believing but I the guy and respect his views.

Comment

All equally. They all contradict each other and we're all going to hell according them

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post

"Ho ho ho, he got me mad I almost like it!"

Do you think it's more likely that some ancient African tribal God exists than no God at all?
          More likely a God exist. All this creation and no creaotr youve got to be blinder than 4 bats.

Comment

More likely a God exist. All this creation and no creaotr youve got to be blinder than 4 bats.
            In your eyes the world probably seems completely perfect, everything painstakingly designed. But just think about the trillions of different combinations that would constitute an equally beautiful, functional world. The same goes for human beings. Creationists always ask "so we just happened to be perfect by chance?"

No.

1. There are trillions of outcomes that you would consider "perfect" for a human being.

2. We evolved by natural selection. The traits that stuck did so because they are useful.

Comment

In your eyes the world probably seems completely perfect, everything painstakingly designed. But just think about the trillions of different combinations that would constitute an equally beautiful, functional world. The same goes for human beings. Creationists always ask "so we just happened to be perfect by chance?"

No.

1. There are trillions of outcomes that you would consider "perfect" for a human being.

2. We evolved by natural selection. The traits that stuck did so because they are useful.
              ... I always liked the "Oparin's Soup"... And the "autopoietic" DNA...

Comment

No.

yeah one of them being in a world where weather condition would be unfit for humans. or a disaese outspread the would kill entire race of humans. it can go on and on. All this chance stuff is incredible. For everything for a human to survive is on the world it lives in is an amzing set of odds. The fact we were born with the question of why we are here and what purpose we have has been instilled by the Creator himself. He put the in each of us to seek after Him. When it plain to see right in front of us we make it so complicated and try other explanation that come up in our head as to how we came about.

Comment

Atheism end of thread...........

Religion: a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    What I wrote here was a para-phrase...
                    A true "religion" should provide a "cosmo-genesis" narrative...

(Mormonism is only a Masonic-like sect) Excuses...
                    Still applies. Mormonism adds to Christianity as Islam does. Islam is Christianity 2.0, and Christianity is Judaism 2.0.

Nothing is preventing humans from adding to the narrative. Now you are seeing the shift towards religion without a dogmatic god. Now the "universe is god" or "I am not religious but I'm spiritual". All the same BS and there's no difference in one or the other with the exception of time. But guess what, in 500 years, Mormonism and spirituality will have time on their side as well.

Comment

yeah one of them being in a world where weather condition would be unfit for humans. or a disaese outspread the would kill entire race of humans. it can go on and on. All this chance stuff is incredible. For everything for a human to survive is on the world it lives in is an amzing set of odds. The fact we were born with the question of why we are here and what purpose we have has been instilled by the Creator himself. He put the in each of us to seek after Him. When it plain to see right in front of us we make it so complicated and try other explanation that come up in our head as to how we came about.
                      Climbing Mount Improbable, read it.

Comment

Working...
                      X