Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media Player - millions of points/green K up for grabs for some simple advice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Player - millions of points/green K up for grabs for some simple advice

Need some advice regarding the best media player out there to play videos on. I'm going crazy.

I don't know why but VLC and Div X have gone to **** for me. Eg, I can't watch Obama's (he from the BS Trading Block) video without VLC collapsing half-way through, Div X not even coming on. I'm on a Mac and downloaded the Perian (sp) for Quick Time but even that ain't working.

And it's not just Obama's vids, but most that I have downloaded from the block for about 6 months.

What is going on?

3 rounds in to my first re-watch of Pac/JMM and VLC dies, Div X is already dead, and Quick Time is not even worth bothering. Div X and VLC especially always used to be reliable but I don't know what's going on.

What can I do?

I know this seems trivial but man, I'm sick of having to YouTube stuff, I loved just downloading whatever from the Video Block.

Help anyone?

I don't know how many points I have but the most helpful person gets 5m, and other contributors get some too.

So is there any great media player I can watch vids on that I don't know about?

Thanks guys. Sincerely appreciate any help you can give.

Splash Player Pro or EX.

Best player on the market.

VLC doesn't know how to properly play MKV files. Which is what Obama uses.

Comment

personally i use the KM player. I also have vlc.

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
        Splash Player Pro or EX.

Best player on the market.

VLC doesn't know how to properly play MKV files. Which is what Obama uses.
        Thanks man

Are those you suggested free?

VLC was never a fave of mine but I did like that it virtually played everything back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
          personally i use the KM player. I also have vlc.
          KM sounds familiar. I think when I researched a new media player, KM was one of those touted ones - before I took what was apparently the most sensible advice and download Perian for QuickTime. Which hasn't made much difference.

Thanks though, will check it out.

Points/K coming to you both once I've sorted it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ottke's Twin View Post
            Thanks man

Are those you suggested free?

VLC was never a fave of mine but I did like that it virtually played everything back in the day.
            Well...if you download it off the site it's a 30 day trial, but if you know where to look it's 100% free.

Comment

Only ******s use divx player or anyother spam infested "player" that charges you money.

Real Pro's use Media Player Classic - Home Cinema

http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/ free,fast, all codecs, no bloatware, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
                Well...if you download it off the site it's a 30 day trial, but if you know where to look it's 100% free.
                I'd say I'm a bum when it comes to knowing my way around stuff like that.

Could a bum figure out where to look and get it for free?

Comment

If you were using a Windows computer you could just download and install the latest mega version of the K-Lite Codec Pack for Windows Media Player.

http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Devdem View Post
                    Only ******s use divx player or anyother spam infested "player" that charges you money.

Real Pro's use Media Player Classic - Home Cinema

http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/ free,fast, all codecs, no bloatware, etc etc.
                    Honestly, I don't mind being called a ****** because technologically, I am. Dix X used to be decent back in the day but overall, it has been a joke. I don't even remember how/when I got it. Should have jettisoned it a long time ago.

One thing, though. This player you recommend is just for Windows? I'm on a Mac.
                    Last edited by Porter's Dad; 11-15-2011, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X