Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do losses count as part of your resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Healthy debate here. Shows how people view words differently. FTR I don't think anyone is really wrong, just a matter of opinion I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
      Healthy debate here. Shows how people view words differently. FTR I don't think anyone is really wrong, just a matter of opinion I guess.
      Pretty much. Finally a good debate without the ******ness thats goes on in NSB!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
        Does this make sense to you?

Level of opposition is who you fought? huh? More like the quality of opposition, not just who you fought.

Like I told you, Resume is teh presentation of who you fought. Its like when you have to present a resume for a job. You dont ommit certain job because you got fired and in the other the contract simple finished. OR you dont put a bachelors degree you have from texas tech, but ommit a associates degree you had in a comunity college just because it was a comunity collage.

Its the same thing with boxing resumes. Its the presentation of who you fought, whether you lost or won!!!
        That is actually why I do not like the term resume in terms of boxers career. A resume in the work place really only show positives if you are doinga proper one to get hired anyways, no one is 100% honest on their resumes because it is dumb to include negatives you really do not need to include aslong as you have other positives.

A boxers career has positives and negatives to me ledger would be a better term balance out the positives and the negatives at the end and see what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by eli porter View Post
          depends on their performance. Duran lost to Hagler, but he was winning on two of the judges scorecards after 12 rounds, was fighting out of his natural weight class and went the full 15 rounds. That's a fair acheivement even though he lost.
          This is about it. Case in point Glen Johnson in his bout with Dawson

Comment

I don't think so...a loss can't improve your ATG status and ranking all time...

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              That is actually why I do not like the term resume in terms of boxers career. A resume in the work place really only show positives if you are doinga proper one to get hired anyways, no one is 100% honest on their resumes because it is dumb to include negatives you really do not need to include aslong as you have other positives.

A boxers career has positives and negatives to me ledger would be a better term balance out the positives and the negatives at the end and see what you have.
              I like that term, ledger. I'm going to use that more often. It's more appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                I don't think so...a loss can't improve your ATG status and ranking all time...
                That's how I view it. When it comes time to vote JMM into the hall of fame, how much will his losses really count? Not much I don't think.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
                  I've never heard anyone say "he has four losses on his resume".

When I think of the word resume, I think about what has been accomplished, as in wins.

If we count losses as part of your resume, then wouldn't Jermain Taylor have the best resume of anyone?

If I go out and get my ass kicked by every fighter on the P4P list, does that mean I have a good resume? Even though I got my ass kicked?

I see people putting Floyd Mayweather on Marquez's resume as a positive point. In other words, because he fought Mayweather, his resume is somehow stronger, even though he was embarrassed.

I say your resume is what you've accomplished. Level of competition and record are completely different. What do you think?
                  your accomplishments and failures are part of you resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    your accomplishments and failures are part of you resume.
                    Can't you just agree with me for once.

By the way, Cotto beat Mosley.

Comment

Working...
                    X