No announcement yet.

Latin Fury 8!!!! Finally a card worth buying from top to botom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latin Fury 8!!!! Finally a card worth buying from top to botom

I've never been too high on these latin fury cards arum produces. Chavez jr is almost always the main event and he is still in the tuning process so I don't want to pay for that even though I did buy the sanchez fight and enjoyed it. This card is filled with alot of nice fighters i will definitely buy this card, it's a fight fans card!!! here's a press i found for it:

With the addition of top-rated junior flyweight contender Giovani Segura, it will now be five of Mexico’s biggest names in boxing converge for the first time, headlining the same boxing card when Top Rank presents “Latin Fury 8 — Tijuana Thunder,” broadcast Live on Pay-Per-View from Tijuana, Mexico on March 28. The five-bout pay-per-view extravaganza will feature undefeated super welterweight sensation Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr., WBC super featherweight champion Humberto Soto, WBO junior bantamweight champion Fernando Montiel, two-time WBC lightweight champion Jose Luis Castillo, and Segura in separate bouts. “From top to bottom, this is the greatest Mexican boxing event ever and I’m proud to be promoting it. Four title fights plus Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. versus Luciano Cuello in a battle of undefeated contenders in the main event,” said Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum, chairman of Top Rank. Chavez Jr. (38-0-1, 29 KOs), of Culiacan, Mexico and son of the legendary Julio Cesar Chavez, will be making his 2009 debut. Now world-rated a career high No. 4 by the WBC, he’ll be risking everything when he rumbles with former WBO Latino junior middleweight champion and undefeated Luciano Cuello (23-0, 9 KOs), of Buenos Aires, Argentina. The Latin Fury 8 pay-per-view telecast, beginning at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT, has a suggested retail price of $39.95.
    Last edited by boxing_fan75; 02-10-2009, 11:56 PM.

LOL i didn't notice how stupid castillo's face looked, they should have done a do over lol

Comment

what these Latin Fury cards lack in names and matchups, they make up for in excitement. I am yet to see a Latin Fury card without at least ONE memorable fight

Comment

Wow, looks like a great card, here i thought you were bull****ting.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_fan75 View Post

..... two-time WBC lightweight champion JJose Luis Castillo, and Segura in separate bouts.
          Castillo? Please say it ain't so. I hope he is fighting the softest of the soft touches. Seeing the pathetic remnants of a once-great fighter get beaten from post to post by a journeyman might sour the evening.

Comment

Nice for them to leave out who these guys are fighting.

Comment

Who are their opponents????????// I know Montiel is fighting Morel, but what about the rest?????????

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
                Wow, looks like a great card, here i thought you were bull****ting.
                Hey!!!!!!!!! where you been????????

Comment

I refuse to support anything with JCC Jr in it until he actually fights someone with a pulse.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                    Who are their opponents????????// I know Montiel is fighting Morel, but what about the rest?????????
                    I think segura will be rematching cesar canchilla. Don't know who soto or castillo will be fighting.

Comment

Working...
                    X