Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it true George groves held his own against Andre dirrell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it true George groves held his own against Andre dirrell?

We all know froch outlanded and bust dirrell up bad. but didnt look good in process. But people have mentioned andre dirrell and groves in sparring.

Did groves hold his own against dirrell in sparring, if so that is impressive...

He sparred Direll for Degale or at least the time I know. Direll said it on Behind the Ropes. If he did hold his own then he was also beaten up by Eubank Jr of all people at that very time as well. Sparring isn't really a good indicator of your progression, because some guys are awesome gym fighters and suck in actual fights and vice versa.

Comment

I must have missed Froch busting Dirrell up, all i saw was a plodding champion getting his ears boxed off by Dirrell before getting robbed by an outrageous home town decision. First time i have ever seen a man get awarded a victory after barely laying a glove on his opponent and getting outclassed for 75% of the fight. Groves is a far better boxer than Froch so i am not surprised the sparring was more competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by hogey View Post
        I must have missed Froch busting Dirrell up, all i saw was a plodding champion getting his ears boxed off by Dirrell before getting robbed by an outrageous home town decision. First time i have ever seen a man get awarded a victory after barely laying a glove on his opponent and getting outclassed for 75% of the fight. Groves is a far better boxer than Froch so i am not surprised the sparring was more competitive.
        I don't know if it's true but some say the balls of Dirrell are still circling the ring in Nottingham.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          I don't know if it's true but some say the balls of Dirrell are still circling the ring in Nottingham.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
            We all know froch outlanded and bust dirrell up bad. but didnt look good in process. But people have mentioned andre dirrell and groves in sparring.

Did groves hold his own against dirrell in sparring, if so that is impressive...
            Oooh really did he?
            Hahaha

Comment

He gave dirrell a black eye that's all I know

Comment

Originally posted by hogey View Post

i think you must of missed your eye test as well.

the fights on youtube, you can clearly see the commentataors/dirrells face bloodied in the nose and mouth area, and has a black eye.

Forch was unmarked

You can also clearly see that experts such as Jimmy iwole, dan rafael, buncey, jim watt, thebigragu, graham houston etc all had froch winning.

Boxrec punch stats had froch winning

The press row had froch winning

But as i say im sure you can reschedule your eye test.

Comment

who is, and where is Dirrell? Groves isnt world class yet, he has only beat Degale.

If he beats Froch then Groves will have arrived, but as of now, he was stopped by Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    Haha, great post.

Comment

Working...
                    X