No announcement yet.

A Song of Ice and Fire (Spoilers) Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
    if im not mistaken, every show that went beyond 7 season requires a new contract for the cast, that is the span of their initial contract. Friends cast got paid a mil each because theres nothing else the profit would go to. GOT's production is massive with all the location, costumes plus they have the largest cast in TV today. What im saying is HBO could not afford that kind of expense regardless of the show's profit because GOT is a very expensive show, which is understandable that D&D is cutting the books that would fit in their timetable

nevertheless, i still appreciate for what they've done with series despite the trimming. Hopefully GRRM could still finish the series himself instead of the show
    Missing the point. Every show works out new contracts taking into account the economics of each show. There's a risk with losing someone, but pretty much any show that makes money can work it out. GOT has a large cast,but its core base of characters who would command big money isn't all that big...especially considering the screen time they would probably get. Hell 4 seasons in, Sean Bean is still top 5 in screen time/lines, probably.

Off the top of my head, the only people from season 1 who could ask for big money for an 8th season are Dany, Jon, Arya, Sansa, Bran, Tyrion, Cersei, Jaime and Theon....and considering by season 7 some of them will probably die, or their part will be smaller...add maybe Brienne and Davos from season 2...

The main point i'm making though, is that the show should take however long it should to develop the plot and characters as best possible with it being obviously viable to the people making money off of it, and there's no indication that a show as popular as this can't work out agreeable terms for most involved. To rush it just to a void a contract dispute is disingenuous and greedy. Now , it is only my opinion that at least an 8th season is necessary considering the quality of the show is suffering mainly because it feels rushed,
    Last edited by -Hyperion-; 08-20-2014, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• i think alot of the cuts that the producers have made seem to point to only 7 seasons. that's what they're signed for, and i think they want to wrap up the show as quickly as possible sadly. it would be beyond ****ed up if they ended the show with just 6 books, and then wait grrm out and create a trilogy for the last book.

Comment

• Originally posted by RightJab View Post
        I'm waiting for House of Dayne's 'Sword of The Morning' to show up, or said weapon to be presented to someone worthy. Snow? Jaime? Another Dayne?

The Sword of the Morning is a title of House Dayne bestowed on the knight who bears their ancestral greatsword Dawn. The Sword of the Morning is always a member of House Dayne.
        The title is not necessarily passed to the lord of the house, but to the knight considered most worthy to wield it, as decided within the House.

If there is no Dayne knight considered worthy, the title lies dormant; unless Dawn is needed for 'certain affairs', the last to bear the title was Ser Arthur Dayne, a famed knight of the Kingsguard.
        Whom knighted and trained Ser Jaime Lannister.

Dawn is the ancestral greatsword of House Dayne, who bestow the title Sword of the Morning on the sword's bearer. It is said to be made from metal forged from the heart of a fallen star.
        Its blade is as pale as milkglass.
        The name of the Daynes' castle, Starfall, and their arms, featuring a white sword and falling star, both reference Dawn. The blade is said to be just as sharp as Valyrian steel.

The last known user of the sword was Ser Arthur Dayne, who died at the Tower of Joy. To the hands of Lord Howland Reed and Lord Eddard Stark whom returned Dawn to House Dayne.

When winter arrives, the Sword of the morning must be chosen surely...

"Dawn remains at Starfall, until another Sword of the Morning shall arise."
        - George R. R. Martin
        this could lend credence to Jaimie being azor ahai, if dawn is in fact lightbringer.

just came across this.

http://cantuse.wordpress.com/2014/08...-lightbringer/

spoilers in white if you don't want to read it.

Rhaegar's Harp is Lightbringer.

Comment

• Just finished the 5th book so I can open this thread. It seems like there is too much going on for there to ever be an end. Martin is going to die before the series ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            Just finished the 5th book so I can open this thread. It seems like there is too much going on for there to ever be an end. Martin is going to die before the series ends.
            I've been saying lately I don't think he's motivated to finish the story. It got out of control and he isn't feeling it. He loves the world, he's constantly writing short stories and has a whole history book coming out, but the story that started it looks like it's going unfinished.

At least the show will finish. That's something.

Comment

• Did anyone else get the new book .... The World of Ice and Fire ?? it's the History book to the ASoIaF books
              I'm still reading through the History of the Targareayn Kings then they start breaking down the rest of the Kingdoms ... Nerd Central

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                Just finished the 5th book so I can open this thread. It seems like there is too much going on for there to ever be an end. Martin is going to die before the series ends.
                Pretty much. I think we'll get book 5, but that's it.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Mustang- View Post
                  Did anyone else get the new book .... The World of Ice and Fire ?? it's the History book to the ASoIaF books
                  I'm still reading through the History of the Targareayn Kings then they start breaking down the rest of the Kingdoms ... Nerd Central

I don't have the book, but I've seen discussions about passages that suggest a crazy theory about Tyrion might actually be possible.

Comment

• So "Mad King" Aerys' son Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Ned Stark's sister and was killed by Jamie leaving Robert Barratheon to take the thrown. Meanwhile Ned fathered a bastard with some unnamed broad and he was of course Jon Snow.

But... what if that wasn't Ned's bastard? What if Rhaegar wasn't raping Ned's sister? What if they were in love? What if they bore a child together and Ned took the child to keep it safe from Robert Barratheon's wrath? What if Ned didn't father a bastard but instead bore the shame of fathering a bastard in order to save the life of the child, the child of Rhaegar, the grandson of Aerys and the rightful heir to the Iron Throne?

That's right. Jon Snow is the rightful heir to the five Kingdoms and will, with Danaerys, take the throne, unite the kingdoms again and rally to defeat the White Walkers and the horrors from beyond the wall.

That's right. I just called the end of the Song of Ice and Fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      So "Mad King" Aerys' son Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Ned Stark's sister and was killed by Jamie leaving Robert Barratheon to take the thrown. Meanwhile Ned fathered a bastard with some unnamed broad and he was of course Jon Snow.

But... what if that wasn't Ned's bastard? What if Rhaegar wasn't raping Ned's sister? What if they were in love? What if they bore a child together and Ned took the child to keep it safe from Robert Barratheon's wrath? What if Ned didn't father a bastard but instead bore the shame of fathering a bastard in order to save the life of the child, the child of Rhaegar, the grandson of Aerys and the rightful heir to the Iron Throne?

That's right. Jon Snow is the rightful heir to the five Kingdoms and will, with Danaerys, take the throne, unite the kingdoms again and rally to defeat the White Walkers and the horrors from beyond the wall.

That's right. I just called the end of the Song of Ice and Fire.
                      Last we heard from Jon Snow he had about 6 knives sticking out of him. Also, didn't it tell us a story about who Jon Snow's mother is? She wasn't a baseborn iirc.

Comment

Working...
                      X