• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquaio .

Comment

• mayweather /

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        are you seriously comparing Ali to Vitali...Ali's resume is sick he is a 3 time LINEAL CHAMPION and has a great resume
        Yes. I definitely am.

Muhammad Ali had an incredible resume and is one of the most recognizable figures in boxing today. He is an All-Time-Great because we all remember how great he was and is. Do you think he's an icon simply because he was a good boxer?

George Foreman also tussled with the same competition and annihilated much of Ali's competition as well. He came back to become the oldest heavyweight champion ever, in a Rocky-esque upset story. After all that, we still don't mention Foreman under the same breath as Ali.

It's because Ali was a political activist. He was controversial and he changed the shape of American culture with his flamboyancy and direct opposition to the Vietnam war. He went from "legendary boxer" to "all-time-great cultural icon" because of that.

While we don't know what's in store for Vitali yet; depending on what he does, he might be the face of political change. He might be the next Obama (an icon of hope or whatever) of Ukraine for all we know. If he transcends boxing, then yeah, he totally would be an all-time-great for what he's done both inside and outside the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          Is Andre Ward an ATG? I don't think so.
          It's just funny you mentioned fcuking Rigondeaux and no Ward. Then tried to lump Kessler in there. Oh boy

Comment

• Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
            We are talking about current ATG who are also active. How the hell could u have ward and especially rigo an ATG right now, is beyond me.

Also to the guy earlier, never compare vitali to ALI..... sorry lol
            How the hell did it come to this? As you obviously understand ATG status is confered by the fans and the pundits of the future...we can perhaps postulate that the most consistantly dominant boxers of the last coupla decades belong there, but when people start placing guys halfway through their carers in ATG ranks it's clear that the discussion has lost all meaning.

Ward, Rigo, both fantastic fighters, but come back in ten years.

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              Just saying. Some people seem to think he's so great but his resume says otherwise
              His resume says otherwise? He's one of the best of this era and that's undeniable.

Comment

• Hopkins
                Pacquiao
                Mayweather
                Marquez

Rigondeaux and Martinez are two guys I'd like to include as "unofficial" greats that may never be in that sort of discussion due to the quality of their available opposition. Ward is on his way, we'll have to see what else he accomplishes but I feel good about his chances.

Comment

Working...
                X