No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price Aims To Keep His Nasty KO Streak Going

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Price Aims To Keep His Nasty KO Streak Going

Nice guy David Price is happy to keep nurturing his nasty streak as he builds his growing reputation as the hottest property in heavyweight boxing.

The genial Liverpudlian's stock has continued to rise in 2012 with a series of brutal wins brought about by his devastating punching power.

Price, 29, hopes to finish a successful year in style when he defends his British and Commonwealth heavyweight titles against tough veteran Matt Skelton at Aintree on Friday.

After destroying other British rivals such as Tom Dallas, John McDermott, Sam Sexton and Audley Harrison in brutal style, the pressure is on for Price to repeat such ferocity.
    [Click Here To Read More]

David Price top bloke and he will win within 7 on Friday.

I cant wait till he wins the Lonsdale outright and then you'll see an even better fighter up at European level and world level

Comment

Originally posted by wja1966 View Post
      David Price top bloke and he will win within 7 on Friday.

I cant wait till he wins the Lonsdale outright and then you'll see an even better fighter up at European level and world level
      Price needs to step it up now. I'm a big fan; but, so far, Maloney's matchmaking hasn't helped. He needs to get some rounds under his belt and be in the ring with ranked fighters, perhaps looking at a European title shot in early-2013.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        Price needs to step it up now. I'm a big fan; but, so far, Maloney's matchmaking hasn't helped. He needs to get some rounds under his belt and be in the ring with ranked fighters, perhaps looking at a European title shot in early-2013.
        In the 90's they would have forced a Price-Wilder showdown by now. They fed Lewis to Ruddock and Ruddock to Tyson. It was no big deal back than. No protection for a lot of those fighters. (Ironically Lewis ended up killing Ruddock though, and Ruddock ended up giving Tyson a much better fight than expected)

Comment

Keep on fighting the Audley Harrisons of the world and your KO streak will always be nasty. Time to step it up now and prove your not just a freak show.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
            In the 90's they would have forced a Price-Wilder showdown by now. They fed Lewis to Ruddock and Ruddock to Tyson. It was no big deal back than. No protection for a lot of those fighters. (Ironically Lewis ended up killing Ruddock though, and Ruddock ended up giving Tyson a much better fight than expected)
            I know what you mean, but I remember people saying the same kind of thing back then, that the young guys weren't being moved along as well as those of the previous generation and protected too much etc. I've been flicking through my issues of most of the magazines from then and the readers mail sections were full of similar complaints.

I do agree though, that Price in particular should be let off the leash soon enough. Him and others like him have been in the sport a long time, since they were small children and although it is a much different game of course, they have operated at high level in the amateurs, especially Price. Particularly in this moment in time where the game is wide open, you don't want to be too cautious.

Get the Lonsdale belt outright, and then take the leap of faith.

Comment

David Price seems like he really has his **** together. Look forward to seeing him step up his competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylorslade View Post
                I know what you mean, but I remember people saying the same kind of thing back then, that the young guys weren't being moved along as well as those of the previous generation and protected too much etc. I've been flicking through my issues of most of the magazines from then and the readers mail sections were full of similar complaints.

I do agree though, that Price in particular should be let off the leash soon enough. Him and others like him have been in the sport a long time, since they were small children and although it is a much different game of course, they have operated at high level in the amateurs, especially Price. Particularly in this moment in time where the game is wide open, you don't want to be too cautious.

Get the Lonsdale belt outright, and then take the leap of faith.
                Ya I agree, but overall they did more faster back than. Simply because everyone wanted a piece of the Tyson-Bowe-Holyfield cash out. Those were mega fights and the money was there. The money is a big issue because even the lesser known defenses paid massive amounts of money. Tucker was making like 6 million+(today's 10 million equalivant) for horrendous fights.

Nobody will be making 10 million today in the HW Division for mediocre fights. Not even Wladimir. Tucker wasn't even a top 5 of his era.

Today if you **** up early, you most likely will never get a big pay day.

Comment

Working...
                X