Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't basketball have a height class let boxing weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    have you seen the mak mamba lately?

i haven't seen my dog in a minute.
    Haven't heard from him and haven't seen him around here.

I remember him mentioning he was planning a trip.

Guessing he's in the Philippines.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights4Gays View Post
      What if 6 foot was the max height? They would be the shot blockers and the 5 foot 8 guys who can be very agile like a cat can be the ball handlers.

It's not like they ban 6' and under payers from the NBA.

I see what you're saying, It does seem like you have to be exceptionally talented to make it if you are short whereas someone like Shawn Bradley or Manut Bol can get in the league just because they're big and tall.

But the fact is height is an attribute that is very important in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
        Haven't heard from him and haven't seen him around here.

I remember him mentioning he was planning a trip.

Guessing he's in the Philippines.

probably nuts deep in some pinay snatch. i'm jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          probably nuts deep in some pinay snatch. i'm jealous.
          Same here.

Been there once and man, they love them some Americanos.

Comment

It's not like they ban 6' and under payers from the NBA.

I see what you're saying, It does seem like you have to be exceptionally talented to make it if you are short whereas someone like Shawn Bradley or Manut Bol can get in the league just because they're big and tall.

But the fact is height is an attribute that is very important in the game.
            Do you watch the lower weight in boxing? Say 130 ish? It has it's appeal right? Compared to Cruiser?

If there was no weight classes are varied as it is now, we would lose out on so much in our sport. There would be no Mayweather or Pacquiao.

Now in basketball just think, maybe we are missing some of the most skilled guys around because they don't get funding, training etc...

Comment

Anyone can play in the NBA if you're good enough, it's not about height or weight it's about what you can do inside the court and that's why there are different positions too. Look at little 5'9 Nate Robinson, he may be short but he can play and he even has great dunks! If you wana watch a different style of play you don't have to creat a whole new league for short people, that would be unnecessary, you can just watch street ball it's played with different rules then the NBA.

Comment

Do you watch the lower weight in boxing? Say 130 ish? It has it's appeal right? Compared to Cruiser?

If there was no weight classes are varied as it is now, we would lose out on so much in our sport. There would be no Mayweather or Pacquiao.

Now in basketball just think, maybe we are missing some of the most skilled guys around because they don't get funding, training etc...
                Yeah, there's tons of guys who got skills but can't hang with bigger players.

But people don't wanna pay to watch small dudes and layups. I can go to any park and see that.

Comment

Yeah, there's tons of guys who got skills but can't hang with bigger players.

But people don't wanna pay to watch small dudes and layups. I can go to any park and see that.
                  Are the games on the street as fun to watch as the pro games?

Comment

Are the games on the street as fun to watch as the pro games?
                    Just like any other sport, most of the time, watching pros is better than watching amateurs

Comment

they should make the hoop lower as well for these short guys. 70+kg has 10oz gloves below has 8oz so the short players should get a shorter hoop

Comment

Working...
                      X