Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Helenius has completed his sparring and is ready for Sergei Liakhovich

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Helenius has completed his sparring and is ready for Sergei Liakhovich

Robert Helenius is ready for his fight with Sergei Liakhovich next Saturday:

(from fight news)

Robert Helenius (15-0, 10 KOs) has wrapped up the sparring ahead of next Saturday´s WBA/WBO Intercontinental Heavyweight Title fight against Siarhei Liakhovich (25-3, 16 KOs) in Erfurt, Germany. After dusting Lamon Brewster and Sam Peter, the Nordic Nightmare is eager to clinch the next prominent scalp. “The sparring has gone very well,” Helenius said. “I am in great shape and I am ready for Liakhovich. He is a very accomplished fighter who boasts a great deal of experience, but I have also been in the ring with former champions. The fights against Peter and Brewster have given me a lot of confidence. I am eager to notch another important victory on Saturday night.”

Together with coach Ulli Wegner, who just celebrated his 40th coaching anniversary, Helenius has been training in Zinnowitz, Usedom, a small island in the Baltic Sea. “The conditions have been perfect. We now travel to Erfurt on Monday to get ready for the big fight,” Helenius added.

In the main event of the night, Alexander Povetkin and Ruslan Chagaev collide for the vacant WBA Heavyweight Title.

Dwyer says Robert Helenius is one dimensional and his boxing skills are not so good plus he only relies on his heavy-hands. If thats true Liakhovich can beat him. He also thinks if an opponent is able to get in the inside, it can frustrate Helenius.

Comment

Originally posted by I am God
      I'm bitter because I'm a racist who only likes African-American boxers and all the best heavyweights these days are Europeans.
      Then why don't you just ignore the heavyweight division, instead of b1tching and whining all the time?

Comment

I'm hoping Liakhovich comes in ready and gives Helenius some problems, but I see him getting blasted out to be honest. He lost his drive years ago.

Comment

Helenius by TKO8. White Wolf, I don't see what he can bring to the plate. He seems past his prime...we'll see.

Comment

Helenius is the hottest prospect at HW right now. He had just 15 fights but already knocked out some good fighters. Of course Brewster and Peter are past it but they were still Top20 fighters. Helenius is beeing moved verry fast. He is tall, has good handspeed and power. I think he will get even better. He doesnt look like a fighter, not verry muscular and a bit flabby and at the beginning i thought he would never go far but i changed my opinion.
            First i thought past prime Brewster would knock him out but Helenius knocked him out and that was impressive to me. Then the same against Peter, i thought Peter knock him out but he knocked Peter out and since then hes done far more than any other prospect right now. Mitchell, Wilder, Boytsov and even Pulev are behind him, they need to step up their competition too.
            When Helenius wins against Liak he has already beaten 3 former champions. You really cant ask for more at this stage of his young career.
            Last edited by Tobi.G; 08-20-2011, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Im looking forward to this fight. I don't think Helenius is "Klitschko replacement" type fighter, but he is a very solid boxer/puncher who will almost certainly be a world champion one day. I still think the beast in Freedom's avatar picture will be a world champion again. His fists look like ****ing meat suitcases. I think he is going to beat Povetkin, or get robbed.

Comment

Working...
              X