Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a green Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez can fight Floyd, why can't Thurman, Khan or Brook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Haymon sees money in Thurman if he waits for Floyd to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Lol @ green.
      I agree with you at 23 yrs old Canelo was a seasoned veteran when he fought Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
        When Floyd offers you a fight you take it. Manny tried to play chicken with Floyd and look how he turned out. A Floyd fight was free money for Canelo. Canelo could loose to Floyd and still keep his fan base because there's no shame loosing to Floyd. But if Canelo goes out and looses to some other stiff his fan base bails quicker than **** through a goose.
        What do you mean by "loosing"and "looses" ?

Comment

Apart from this...

Originally posted by arraamis
          StudentOfDaGame ....

You're no student of the game, if you're having problems understanding why Canelo was in a position to fight Floyd.

No other comments are necessary.
          Thank you everyone for your constructive contributions. One of the few threads that hasn't resulted in trolling.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            Canelo was WBC/RING champ.....
            and Baldomir was the lineal champ at WW. So what! He was still a weak no-namer

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
              Quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've read on this site. Tell me......what has Canelo done without Floyd? Has he ever done over 400k by himself? If not how does Canelo catapult Floyd from 800k(which is still more than double of what Canelo has ever done by himself) to 2.2 mil?
              What's even more ******ed is that you think floyd did those numbers by himself

Comment

It's not like Floyd has a Thomas Hearns standing in front of him. I just want him to fight 5'4 Manny Pacquiao & that's it.

Comment

Working...
                X