No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins on The Controversial Antics of Adrien Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins on The Controversial Antics of Adrien Broner

IBF light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins, who is also a partner in Golden Boy Promotions, spoke to BoxingScene.com about the controversial antics of WBA welterweight champion Adrien Broner (27-0, 24KOs). Broner has been seen in several videos making controversial comments, flushing money down the toilet and even performing a sex act on a stripper. Sooner or later, says Hopkins, Broner will have to grow up.

[Click Here To Read More]

They dont make 'em like BHOP anymore.

Comment

u can save all that crap im more interested in who his next opponent is.

Comment

Don't worry Hop, he's young and dumb. We all were like that. The kid will grow up. But right now it's his time.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          Don't worry Hop, he's young and dumb. We all were like that. The kid will grow up. But right now it's his time.
          Broner is a freaking idiot period. His time has nothing to do with it. When Roy Jones was at the top, he was as high as anyone ever, in ability, stature, and people being on his nuts. He never did no stupid ish like Broner. Look at Tim Bradley, Manny Pac. Its there time too, and they don't embarrass them selves like that. And Broner isn't even embarrassed by it, he thinks its cool.

Hell grow up I'm sure, but he is an idiot plain and simple and with or without fame he would be an idiot. Not every young great boxer is an idiot, but Broner definitely is one.

But let me say the homie can fight, and he's a great young boxer who I enjoy watching. I'm not mad at him for his antics either but he's an idiot.

.....But on second thought, he may getting genius advice from someone telling him to do these things to make a bigger name for himself so its possible hes not such an idiot if its all a plot to get exposure and to make waves like it was for Floyd. But if he really believes that its cool to flush money down the toilet then he is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by KiloTeague View Post
            Broner is a freaking idiot period. His time has nothing to do with it. When Roy Jones was at the top, he was as high as anyone ever, in ability, stature, and people being on his nuts. He never did no stupid ish like Broner. Look at Tim Bradley, Manny Pac. Its there time too, and they don't embarrass them selves like that. And Broner isn't even embarrassed by it, he thinks its cool.

Hell grow up I'm sure, but he is an idiot plain and simple and with or without fame he would be an idiot. Not every young great boxer is an idiot, but Broner definitely is one.

But let me say the homie can fight, and he's a great young boxer who I enjoy watching. I'm not mad at him for his antics either but he's an idiot.

.....But on second thought, he may getting genius advice from someone telling him to do these things to make a bigger name for himself so its possible hes not such an idiot if its all a plot to get exposure and to make waves like it was for Floyd. But if he really believes that its cool to flush money down the toilet then he is an idiot.
            I don't care how Broner is perceived. We were all young and having fun. The older guys had their time. Let the kid do what he wants and spend his hard earned money like he wants, as long as he isn't breaking the law. He will grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
              They dont make 'em like BHOP anymore.
              You can say that again. Great fighter, wise man.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                I don't care how Broner is perceived. We were all young and having fun. The older guys had their time. Let the kid do what he wants and spend his hard earned money like he wants, as long as he isn't breaking the law. He will grow up.
                The problem for most professional athletes is that time isn't on their side and by the time they grow up, it's often too late.

For every Bernard Hopkins, there are 50 guys who spend their money like it's going out of style and see their earnings potential decline (or evaporate) much earlier than anticipated.

Comment

He is immature,age is only a number,one day he may mature.Hopefully he doesn't do anything to foolish to ruin his career and his future

Comment

Originally posted by KiloTeague View Post

People do stupid stuff when they are young,some people are just more mature then others.Wise men learn from their mistakes,remember Hopkins to was once a young fool

Comment

Working...
                    X