Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan vs. Floyd...put the hate aside for a moment..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    Do you think Floyd can hurt him? If not, what shot do you give him of giving Floyd trouble with speed and the jab? I know you're a huge Floyd so I'd like to hear your opinion.
    I think Floyd can hurt him to the body but I see it as a chess match. I think the fighter to beat Floyd now at 37 is the Maidana type fighters. Big strong pressure fighters who can punch. The kind of fighters Floyd toyed with in his prime. I think that's the recipe now.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      He was dominating Garcia, and Floyd can't hit like Garcia. Diaz was a flash knock-down, and Khan is much more settled into the new style since that fight (see Collazo bout).

If you think Maidana is awkward, I'm willing to bet Khan's lightning speed is lot more difficult to deal with. Floyd has never fought an opponent like that.

Khan has faster handspeed, and footspeed. And if Floyd needs a hug, he can deliver that too.
      see Collazo bout?? you mean the way past prime Collazo?? who even still managed to hurt Khan? but keep hyping Khan..we dealt with the Maidana fans now i guess it is the Khan fans turn to make up **** after he loses

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
        I think Floyd can hurt him to the body but I see it as a chess match. I think the fighter to beat Floyd now at 37 is the Maidana type fighters. Big strong pressure fighters who can punch. The kind of fighters Floyd toyed with in his prime. I think that's the recipe now.
        As Floyd is slowing down I think someone with a stiff jab and good inside game would give him fits. That's not khan and I really can't think of anyone besides GGG and he's way too big to be a realistic opponent anyway. MANNY would still cause some trouble I think just because of the movement, punch output and straight lefts but he'd get countered with the right hand all night as well. Not many fights out there to test Floyd..

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          see Collazo bout?? you mean the way past prime Collazo?? who even still managed to hurt Khan? but keep hyping Khan..we dealt with the Maidana fans now i guess it is the Khan fans turn to make up **** after he loses
          It's a way past prime Floyd, people say the guy's prime was in 2005. He's not the fighter he once was and you know it.

Mind you, Khan is probably a couple of years past his prime too but he's hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by Chino Madonna View Post
            Amir has never faced anyone with the skill and timing of Floyd. He is going to get picked apart. Mayweather will look like a million bucks against. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Floyd starts walking him down in the second half of the fight.
            Neither, did Maidana, Canelo, Ortiz or any of Floyd's opponents.

Lmao, Floyd walking down Khan.

Comment

Khan does not have the pressuring ability or the strength to make his speed a factor...He will sit and try to box Floyd and Floyd will pick him apart.. Khan has sloppy footwork and lunges a lot with his chin in the air. He does not have a great jab nor does he commit to it...He has ineffective speed which means he throws sloppy combos with out any base to them. Khan is a counter punchers dream.. His timing sucks and he has no since of distance..all ya'll talk about is his speed which honestly is not all that
              Lol! That's why Floyd cherry picked him with his silly vote but due to public disapproval was forced to pick Maidana instead

Comment

What is missing is footwork,chin and intelligence..he is a dumb fighter..He is like the new Zab Judah all speed and no substance
                I like when Khan runs, it is called out, but when Mayweather sprints around, then it becomes footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  It's a way past prime Floyd, people say the guy's prime was in 2005. He's not the fighter he once was and you know it.

Mind you, Khan is probably a couple of years past his prime too but he's hungry.
                  Mayweather and Collazo have never been in the same stratosphere...a 50 year old Floyd beats a prime Collazo by a wide ud

Comment

Khan is a big welterweight there is no way floyd is walking through him. If Maidana can land his jab so can can khan with better accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                      I like when Khan runs, it is called out, but when Mayweather sprints around, then it becomes footwork.
                      Floyd moves around the ring...Khan actually runs for his life looking sloppy as hell..

Comment

Working...
                      X