Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Khan a Tougher fight for Mayweather than Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither one of them will be a tough fight. Jus sayin'.

Comment

Im still miffed about this Khan good jab thing. If Khan had a good jab, he would have beaten Peterson (testosterone boost or not). He would not have any losses. If Khan had a jab and any sort of brain, I think he would already be in the p4p running.

Khan has a worse chance of beating Floyd than Pac. I also believe neither does, but at least Manny has some power in his punches. I dont believe any Roach trained fighter can beat Floyd.

Comment

No.

No...

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
          Neither one of them will be a tough fight. Jus sayin'.
          if neither of them are tough, why does floyd think one of them is soooo good that he's using steroids even though he doesnt have a single shred of evidence while continually calling him overrated, one dimensional, too small, and easy work?

Jus sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by Mastermind24 View Post
            Khan doesnt have a good jab tho. He just flinches it out with no power at all.

On top of that, he is an idiot.
            Good point. It is fast and disruptive, but not very authoratative. If he had an authoratative jab he would have been able to keep Peterson or even Maidana in check to be real. Don't know how Khan's jab is supposed to keep Mayweather in check when it couldn't keep Peterson and especially the crude slugger Maidana in check.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
              It's been said quite a few times by Steward, Tarver, Jones and a number of others that you need a good jab to be effective against Mayweather. Cotto showed some effectiveness, as did Castillo and of course De La Hoya.

Khan has a very good, fast jab already and I remember an interview with Jones Jr saying that Khan is the one guy who could give Mayweather problems. And that's coming from Roy, only a few months ago, after the Peterson fight but before it was discovered Peterson was cheating in the fight too.
              A good jab is one way to trouble Floyd but not the only way. Roy Jones picked Pacquiao to beat Floyd. Peterson was dishonest not to admit he had the testosterone implant but apparently it just brings his level of testosterone up to that of an average man giving him no advantage at all and that's from Khan's strenth trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                Pac couldnt catch an over the hill Mosley that couldnt pull the trigger
                he pulled the trigger against floyd
                shame he couldnt finish him off- peak mosely would have done

mosley ran like a ***** against pacman- you cant account for that- manny could have put his chin on the line and run after him- something floyd has never done in his life- but manny did every time he fought one of the mexican legends

khan's footowrk would be his undoing against mayweather

having said that- mayweather's calzaghe slaps will never trouble khan- so he will have to run to win

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                  Good point. It is fast and disruptive, but not very authoratative. If he had an authoratative jab he would have been able to keep Peterson or even Maidana in check to be real. Don't know how Khan's jab is supposed to keep Mayweather in check when it couldn't keep Peterson and especially the crude slugger Maidana in check.
                  Khan did keep Peterson and Maidana in check for portions of the fight with the jab. Also Judah and Paulie were victims of being kept on the jab. I think you guys are underestimating the jab slightly, it is a very good jab. But the guy is a LWW, it's not a heavyweight jab like Wlads so that he could control pretty much the whole fight with just that one punch. That's an unreasonable expectation for a 140lber simply due to the weight. Higher weight classes can do that but the lighter weight classes aren't going to win solely with the jab.

What I'm saying is that it's a key punch you need in the whole arsenal against Mayweather and Khan does have it. He'll need more than just the jab though, he'll need his speed, movement, increased power (which will happen at 147 presumably) among other factors.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                    Pacquiao can't utilize his offense well when his opponents show him movement and move to his right, hence
                    The last two boxers (Mosley and Cotto after the knockdowns ) showed these moves, one ran for his life losing in a one sided beat down and the other was tkoed. To beat Pac you have to fight like Marquez meaning you have to take a risk and absorb some sick punishment from Pac as well. This movements (punch then run) won't win you in a fight just like what Mosley and Cotto showed. Marquez stand in the center but did a lot of movements waiting for Pac to punch so then unleash his counterpunch in combinations. Doing this trick will also give Pacquiao time to counterpunch your counterpunch that is why the Marquez fights were close. If Marquez did in the first fight what Mosley and Cotto did against Pacquaio, Absolutely there will be no the trilogy.
                    Last edited by straightleft; 05-20-2012, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastermind24 View Post
                      Im still miffed about this Khan good jab thing. If Khan had a good jab, he would have beaten Peterson (testosterone boost or not). He would not have any losses. If Khan had a jab and any sort of brain, I think he would already be in the p4p running.

Khan has a worse chance of beating Floyd than Pac. I also believe neither does, but at least Manny has some power in his punches. I dont believe any Roach trained fighter can beat Floyd.
                      Khan does have a world class jab. It's one of the main weapons he used to beat Judah and Paulie fairly easily. Put simply, without that jab I think Khan could have been in trouble with both those guys so while I agree that Roach's training has got plenty of holes in it, especially when it comes to inside work, at least he's got Khan using his jab very well.

Both Manny and Khan need someone to teach them a better inside game, I seriously don't think Roach is going to do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X